BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one having problem with the rear wind shield not defogging completely?
It only defoggs the central hemi circle.
I vaguely remember seeing a thread about a recall or similar issue.
How was it resolved?
Thanks.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok I am not the only one

My rear window does not defog completely. It defogs only the area where the wiper blades work, so you will have only a tunnel view.

I saw a thread in Bimmer post on this. Apparently it is a recall in Japan and they had to replace the rear window.

Others have had similar problem but have not recieved any recall notice.

Have any of had similar problems or your defogger works correctly - as in it clears up the whole rear wind shield???

If does not work, have you recived any recalal notice?

My X 3 is a April 2011 make.:dunno:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is not acceptable

I read on another post that that is the only section that is covered by the defroster and that the rest of the lines are part of some antenna.
When you are driving in snow, the whole rear window needs to be defogged. My car is going for service next week to fix the wind noise issue. When I told the SA about this, he did not say it was normal.

He said he will add it to the ticket and take a look at it.:dunno:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So if there is an ice storm then you can not deice/defog the whole rear windshield? That is a poor design, may be they do not get a lot of snow and ice in Germany perhaps?

·
Registered
189 Posts
So if there is an ice storm then you can not deice/defog the whole rear windshield? That is a poor design, may be they do not get a lot of snow and ice in Germany perhaps?
They get loads of snow and ice in Germany. I suspect they decided that the back window gets so dirty in bad weather that there's only need to melt the area covered by the wiper. Not ideal but it could be their logic.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I lived in Germany for some years and can confirm the presence of both snow and ice each winter. I will let you know presently how I get on with my rear window visability as I am driving to Berlin on Saturday, please wait out. :thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.