BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rear window(not door) rubber seal at the bottom is coming off at one corner. I tried pushing it back but it keeps coming back the next day. I also think that weather has something to do with it. It's getting colder here and recently I've been hearing 'ticks' when driving. It seems to be random and can't exactly reproduce the problem and not sure where it's coming from. After doing some search I'm thinking that it may have something to do with dry door seals coupled with contraction due to the cold weather.

I'm kind of assuming that the dealer will not fix it as they will ultimately say that they don't hear that 'tick'. As for the rear window seal, I'm not sure if they will do anything to it. Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Noticed the same thing today when I opened the trunk of my car. Anyone know if this is covered as part of CPO and if not, would using something like super glue do the trick or would I need to get a new weather seal. Car has 31k miles on it and the winters here aren't nearly as bad as other parts of the country so I'm surprised this has happened.

·
Registered
134 Posts
There was a thread on this a while back. As I recall it seems the piece becomes stiff, and non-pliable, loses its shape and difficult to keep in place, even with good adhesive. Even purchasing a new piece, repair was very inexpensive...like 10 bucks. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts