Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my rear window REtinted on my 2004 325CI and the retint did not help my original problem. When I look through the rear view mirror at night the headlights "spread" where the rear defroster lines are...from top to bottom. I've surfed chat rooms for weeks and found one person with the same problem. Are there more? What did you do to fix? I have good ceramic film on the window. Pinnacle 35% & 15% I also have the problem with the film not sticking well to the dots. Any recommendations?
I live in AZ and the tint is really needed.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my 2007 335. Did you have the problem before it was tinted? My tint is coming off so the dealership can test it to see if the problem is the tint or the defrost strips.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I just had my rear window REtinted on my 2004 325CI and the retint did not help my original problem. When I look through the rear view mirror at night the headlights "spread" where the rear defroster lines are...from top to bottom. I've surfed chat rooms for weeks and found one person with the same problem. Are there more? What did you do to fix? I have good ceramic film on the window. Pinnacle 35% & 15% I also have the problem with the film not sticking well to the dots. Any recommendations?
I live in AZ and the tint is really needed.

Thanks!

Common problem, Lots of posts here on this.

·
Cory
266 Posts
Is that not normal? I just speed up enough to lose the lights and then I'm happy

·
Registered
361 Posts
Is that not normal?

yes and no , on new BMW's the rear defogger lines are quite thick so when you put window film on it's gonna bend over those lines and cause the light glares down the entire lines. Only solution is to tilt rear view window down and not even look in it. Use side mirrors at night.

·
Blackpearl 330i, DF
101 Posts
I´ve noticed similar lesser problem...

But the glare is minor on my car at night. I didn´t notice it until recently and doesn´t bother too much. I´ve got the 3M tint at 15% in case this helps you.

·
Registered
361 Posts
But the glare is minor on my car at night. I didn´t notice it until recently and doesn´t bother too much. I´ve got the 3M tint at 15% in case this helps you.
30% tint here and lines all glare up in rear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts