BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I know this is going to sound really stupid but how do you switch on the single rear wiper
for a 3 series 1997 e36 1.9ltr compact. This was broken when I bought it so I don't know how it is supposed to operate. Does it operate in conjunction with the front wipers, or does it operate independantly. If independant, is it continuos or single sweep. does the water jet supposed to work at the same time when you push the level forward etc etc

I think the wiper motor maybe broken, but until I know exactly how it is supposed to operate then i cannot rule out the steering column lever or the relay.

:dunno:

·
Monacoblau mit beige
2,203 Posts
I don't have a compact so I would merely be speculating, someone with a compact will be able to help you out. You obviously don't have the BMW Owner's manual though, I suggest you get a copy from the dealer, it's nice to just have it even if you don't use it that much. Store it in the glove box with the BMW folder thing.

·
The Dakar Dream
870 Posts
U just push the wiper arm towards the dash.. that turns it on,, to turn if off u do the same again.. Tad annoying as U cant have a single wipe action its always a 2 wipe minimum :)

·
The Dakar Dream
870 Posts
Yeah u should have a rear wash system.. U push it back and hold it and out it squirts :) Check on the rear wiper arm u'll see 2 holes.. If its doesnt work stick a pin in and wiggle about abit to clear them!! Still no joy then remove the plastic trim on the back of the boot as the tubecan pop off and then ur just squirting water into the inside of ur car... Not good as it'll either leak and make the boot wet or stay in there and rust ur car inside to out! Whilst u have the trim out hold the tube away from u and get someone to activate the washer to check water is getting that far...Should come out at some speed!! then re-connect and cable tie it to stop it happening again!

·
The Dakar Dream
870 Posts
Oh and ardsam u get ur wheels sorted? I see the angels are in! Nice and easy??

·
Uneducated Youth
268 Posts
Yeah man - had some trouble the day after fitting my angels one broke so i got it replaced and they are fine now and see the pics below

·
The Dakar Dream
870 Posts
Yeah i bust one of mine fitting (or it came bust dunno which.. real PITA!!) Looks good tho dude...Got any other plans for it??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts