BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone!

I hope everyone is doing good.

Just recently got my F25 in Costa Rica. I have 2 questions for you in case you happen to have a quick answer.

1. My rear view mirror on the passenger side stopped looking down when putting the car in reverse after a week. When it was first delivered, when I put the car in reverse the mirror will adjust itself and look down and it would look up again when put in Drive. Any idea why it would have stopped working?

2. Headlights. I have read a lot about this and it is yet not clear for me. I got the Lights package with the Xenon lights. All good here, I was not expecting Adaptive headlights as I was told they would only come with the Full LED upgrade. However, in looking at the iDrive system I get an option to toggle ON/OFF the adaptive headlights, with a note saying I should only do it abroad where "cars will drive on the other side of the road". When ON, I cannot see them moving, not when stationary and it is hard to see them moving when driving, or not moving at all. Ideas? as per the VIN decoder I don't find a line that says Adaptive Headlights, but I been reading some Xenon Headlights do come with the Adaptive function.

Regards,
Weiler

·
Registered
64 Posts
1) For the passenger side view mirror tilt to work automatically, the switch to adjust the side view mirrors must be in in the driver side adjust position (to the left).

2) On my F25 with Xenon lights, the only "adaptive" feature I have is the fog lights will turn on during turns to act as cornering lights. I really only notice them when making low speed turns in very dark areas, like turning from a street into a driveway.

Hope this helped.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Tuatua,

Thanks for your response, it is very helpful. I will try it when I get off work. For the headlights I really will need somebody staring at the them while I try to move the wheel, or pay attention in a really dark street as you mentioned.

Thanks again, I appreciate it.

Regards,
Weiler

·
Registered
824 Posts
Adaptive lighting is country dependent too.

It was excluded from the Canadian market when I got my X3... :dunno:

Hello Tuatua,

Thanks for your response, it is very helpful. I will try it when I get off work. For the headlights I really will need somebody staring at the them while I try to move the wheel, or pay attention in a really dark street as you mentioned.

Thanks again, I appreciate it.

Regards,
Weiler

·
Registered
82 Posts
Check your complete vehicle configuration in the VIN. decoder site. If you have the following option listed then you can get some additional "adaptive" headlight functionality coded in....

S8S4A
Decodierung variable Lichtverteilung
Decoding variable light distribution

1 - 6 of 6 Posts