BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will buy a 330 or 325 05 coupe. What should I aim for a closing price for the deal, that is, how much over invoice should the deal be closed at? I figure that with everyone clamoring over the new 06 sedan, the 05 coupe should be a good buy... not to mention that's what I want. Thanks for your help. :dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
05 coupes will not be punted by the dealerships as they are a rare car first of all and #2 they will not be made again by BMW till the 07 year. You will pay invoice +.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
fkloster said:
05 coupes will not be punted by the dealerships as they are a rare car first of all and #2 they will not be made again by BMW till the 07 year. You will pay invoice +.
I was told by my dealer that the 2006 330Ci will look like the current model. No different than the 05. The new body style 330Ci won't be out iuntil 2007.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,249 Posts
I paid about $2300 BELOW Invoice for my '05 330i w/ZHP in January. And the deal I got was fairly common with current incentives.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
jetstream23 said:
I paid about $2300 BELOW Invoice for my '05 330i w/ZHP in January. And the deal I got was fairly common with current incentives.
4 door vs. 2 door.... 330i is much much more common (22 produced vs. 1 coupe produced)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
fkloster said:
4 door vs. 2 door.... 330i is much much more common (22 produced vs. 1 coupe produced)
But what is the demand to supply ratio like ? Are they rare because of low demand ? If so, the price should be negotialbe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Look at the monthly sales record for the 3 series here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99931

As you can see, the 325 sedan is their best seller. Next is the 325xi sedans followed by the coupes and so on

The dealer expects to make between $1000-$1500 over invoice. I bought my car when there were no incentives, but I was able to get it $300 over invoice. I told them I was going to buy a Lexus if I didn't buy a BMW today. I was prepared to walk. Okay, it helps if you go in there driving a MB. :drive:
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top