BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

reattaching park brake actuator help

1111 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  alpinaman24
I have newly aquired a 2006 BMW 750Li and it came with a few issues. The problem I'm looking to fix is the dreaded park brake actuator. I have managed to disassemble it and replace the broken plastic gear inside. Now, the problem I have run into while trying to reassemble it is reconnecting the 2 linkeages (one left and one right) that comes from the rear hubs. From my research, I guess I'm suppose to take off the tires then caliper and rotors to get behind the hub to get to the brake shoes. From there, I suppose to have access the the cable and create enough slack to reattach it inside the actuator housing. I want to know is this correct or please tell me theres another way of doing this to make my life easier. If there is a written set of instructions somewhere or video showing how to reattach I greatly appreciate it.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
park brake actuator headaches!!!

I have newly aquired a 2006 BMW 750Li and it came with a few issues. The problem I'm looking to fix is the dreaded park brake actuator. I have managed to disassemble it and replace the broken plastic gear inside. Now, the problem I have run into while trying to reassemble it is reconnecting the 2 linkeages (one left and one right) that comes from the rear hubs. From my research, I guess I'm suppose to take off the tires then caliper and rotors to get behind the hub to get to the brake shoes. From there, I suppose to have access the the cable and create enough slack to reattach it inside the actuator housing. I want to know is this correct or please tell me theres another way of doing this to make my life easier. If there is a written set of instructions somewhere or video showing how to reattach I greatly appreciate it.

thax
No need to create two threads about the exact same thing
To start off with you are in the E39 forum. I don't think your 750 is the same as our cars, however if you want to supply pics and links to your setup we'll try and help you.
well before pulling it out with autologic i tell the computer to go into disassembly mode which brings the cables to a good slack

im guessing you dont have enough slack

its hard youll need a couple picks and patience start by putting in one side

then by turning the motor a lil here and there you have to manage to get the cable in the other hook ..

goodluck man send pictures maybe i can help more
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.