Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha bimmerfest, I'm getting my 1989 325i engine rebuilt. Someone said that once it's done, it may blow out the rear end of my car because it'll be too powerful.

Of course I'm very concerned because I have already put in over $11,000 in the last year. Granted a lot of the parts were needing to be placed cuz they were old... brakes, tires, rotors, etc. Additionally I had to put shocks and springs on cuz the kid that owned it before me had it lowered, and when I ran over a rock I had to replace the oil pan, after I just had the gasket replaced.

Can I get an up front answer?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Aloha bimmerfest, I'm getting my 1989 325i engine rebuilt. Someone said that once it's done, it may blow out the rear end of my car because it'll be too powerful.
I doubt it. What they probably mean is everything in the drive line is of the same age. So the next weak spot in the line may need repair / replacing. Don't drive it like a fool and you'll probably be fine.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you... Sorry I just saw this now when I was posting about my new rebuilt engine and now I have a crack in the head***55357;***56873;

1 - 3 of 3 Posts