BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Recall... Who is the Notifier?

1779 4
Long story short, my wife's 2012 X6 50i died in what could've been a life threatening situation. We brought the car in and the SA told us there was a recall that caused it the car to die.

We were pretty pissed that we weren't notified of the recall prior to the incident. The SA told us that BMWNA was supposed to send us the recall letter and BMWNA told us that the dealership was supposed to send it to us.

Anybody know for sure where it comes from? My guess is BMWNA.

Thanks!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
It is the responsibility of the manufacturer or legal representative thereof.
Long story short, my wife's 2012 X6 50i died in what could've been a life threatening situation. We brought the car in and the SA told us there was a recall that caused it the car to die.

We were pretty pissed that we weren't notified of the recall prior to the incident. The SA told us that BMWNA was supposed to send us the recall letter and BMWNA told us that the dealership was supposed to send it to us.

Anybody know for sure where it comes from? My guess is BMWNA.

Thanks!
That's what I thought. Seems like BMWNA doesn't want to own up to this issue.

Thank you!
Over the years I have never gotten a "recall" notice from a dealer. Every one has been from the manufacturer.:tsk:
BMWNA said they sent all the recall letters to the dealerships, who were then supposed to send them out to the customers.

I needed to make sure that I can call bull spit. I knew that what they told me couldn't be right.

Thanks again for the replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.