BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Peter
272 Posts
30 minutes.
Funny story, I went to the dealer Friday to get the steering vibration checked and they told me about the recall. They said 30 minutes to replace that PCV valve. No big deal.
... I received a recall letter on Saturday ...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Any more information on the vibration in the steering? I am taking my Li into the dealer next week for the same problem.

·
Registered
148 Posts
had mine done the other day. easy and quick.

·
Banned
973 Posts
You didnot get a letter in mail. Because I got one a month back and mine is alreay taken care of. There is no point in waiting get it taken care of at your earliest.:)

:yikes:
How soon should I get it addressed?

·
Banned
973 Posts
That might e the case if aftermarket ones are not hubcentric. Why dont you mount OEM back and make sure you get them rebalanced. Then drive arround on them for few days to see if the problems are wheels.

If the problems is wheels then get some rings to fix the gap between your hub and the wheel. Als check your front wheels for bends. Good luck:)

No, they are blaming it on the non-OEM rims/tires.

Peter

·
2002 745LI
168 Posts
Funny im having the same problem with vibration.
Had my wheels checked for bends and they are straight.
Had all the wheels rebalanced still have the shimmy at about 45-50mph.
Im going to put my OEM's back and see if it continues.
anybody else having this problem?

·
Registered
2 Posts
When you buy after market rims you should ask or let the shop knwo it is for a BMW. Most after market rims require a "center ring" to be installed with the new rims to avoid the shimmy. The easiest way to find out if oyu need the center ring is to remove the wheels and rotate them, if the shimmy changes speed then you know you what to do.

MY problem is that at 45 - 50 I have the same shimmy but it is not due to the center ring. I checked the rims and the tire. I even had the suspension checked at a AIA certified shop and still they cannot find the problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts