BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case anyone is curious, I received my welcome / confirmation packet yesterday for 5/23 delivery in Munich. As stated by others before, pretty impressive level of production (IMO) with the welcome letter, ED program overview booklet, Munich walking tour map, ED center meal coupon, Euro driving atlas and neat little Muncih subway pocket map. Only difficutly was figuring out how to balance the little travel clock they give you with the bendable base!!

Bought a XC70 back in October and didn't even receive a hat or pen from the dealer!!

I can see why everyone raves about ED. Great pricing, exciting buying process and great attention to the customer experience which I am begining to believe, lends to the theory that ED exists to create long-time, owner loyalty.

·
Have a world-class day
756 Posts
racefaith said:
In case anyone is curious, I received my welcome / confirmation packet yesterday for 5/23 delivery in Munich. As stated by others before, pretty impressive level of production (IMO) with the welcome letter, ED program overview booklet, Munich walking tour map, ED center meal coupon, Euro driving atlas and neat little Muncih subway pocket map. Only difficutly was figuring out how to balance the little travel clock they give you with the bendable base!!

Bought a XC70 back in October and didn't even receive a hat or pen from the dealer!!

I can see why everyone raves about ED. Great pricing, exciting buying process and great attention to the customer experience which I am begining to believe, lends to the theory that ED exists to create long-time, owner loyalty.
These people at BMW really have it together. I was impressed with every process. I believe it does build loyalty.

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
racefaith said:

Yes it is.... also.. if you think that's impressive... wait 'til you buy an Z8, 645, M5/M6 :D you know... the "flagship/hallmark" car. It takes the whole experince to another level :thumbup:

·
Grinning from ear to ear
2,029 Posts
xspeedy said:
They are giving away travel clocks now? No more rainbow pens?
Yeah those of us with the rainbow pens got ripped off! I want my alarm clock - I could keep it on my desk at work and watch all the jealous faces. Don't actually use my rainbow pen :-(

·
Registered
693 Posts
racefaith said:

I am leaving next Friday, and I don't have mine yet. It seems they sent it to me 10 days ago, but it never got here. They are supposed to overnight a replacement, so hopefully tomorrow I will get to see this cool alarm clock. Congrats....I am jealous.

·
Happy as a snapping clam
812 Posts
fishskis said:
I am leaving next Friday, and I don't have mine yet. It seems they sent it to me 10 days ago, but it never got here. They are supposed to overnight a replacement, so hopefully tomorrow I will get to see this cool alarm clock. Congrats....I am jealous.
Don't worry. If it does not arrive, I can show you mine. The Gumby base is what makes it distinctive. :rolleyes: I still do not know whether those attending the special Bimmer-Mai-fest get together will meet Sunday night somewhere or only Monday at Freimann. Keep in touch, everyone. For me, ten days 'til wheels up. :D

·
Registered
214 Posts
racefaith said:

Good for you! I have a 5/20 delivery, & haven't received mine yet. Time to call the SA.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
You got plenty of time Al, I didn't receive mine until about 5 days before the ED. In addition, the trigger that sends the packet is the completion of the paperwork and payment which needs to occur 14 days before delivery. Did you already pay for the car?

Alstoy said:
Good for you! I have a 5/20 delivery, & haven't received mine yet. Time to call the SA.

·
Happy as a snapping clam
812 Posts
e36M3r said:
You got plenty of time Al, I didn't receive mine until about 5 days before the ED. In addition, the trigger that sends the packet is the completion of the paperwork and payment which needs to occur 14 days before delivery. Did you already pay for the car?
Actually, I received my packet a couple of weeks ago and just paid two days ago. There must be a different trigger. I suspect they send them out in bulk twice (?) a month.

·
Registered
214 Posts
e36M3r said:
Thanks. It would be nice to get it a little earlier than 5 days. Paid them last week.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Purchase Order triggers the ED packet

djlfp said:
Actually, I received my packet a couple of weeks ago and just paid two days ago. There must be a different trigger. I suspect they send them out in bulk twice (?) a month.
I found out from Keri-Lynne Shaw that it is actually the PO that reserves your delivery date and triggers the ED kit being sent out. Keri is a European Delivery Supervisor with BMWNA that has helped me find the real reason that my delivery date was changed at the last minute. As some of you know from my previous posts my ED date was supposed to coincide with my 30th birthday (3/15/05) and it was changed at the last minute to the 16th. I'd worked my A** off for the past 8 years so that I could do something insanely special for this big day, such as driving a brand new 7-series around Europe visiting the sites. Instead my wife and I took a 10 hour bus tour of the castles (awesome tour by the way except for the bus part).

Keri informed me that the PO must be received by BMWNA 30 days in advance of your delivery date in order to insure that time slot. Otherwise delivery dates are assigned as close to the requested date as possible. She informed me that the PO can be sent in at any point after the production date (1/21/05 in my case) and that most dealers that are familiar with ED do indeed get them in that early. My dealer continues to insist that they can not send in the PO until the lease actually starts or the car is purchased which takes place 14 days prior to pick up in Munich. Therefore BMWNA did not receive my PO until 7 days before my planned pick up which is why I did not get the date I requested. That is the official word from BMWNA yet my dealer still claims that it is impossible to send in the PO earlier than a week or two before the planned pick up date. I am so pissed at them right now!!! :mad:

I wish I had found this site before I had already started working with my local dealer. Next time around the first thing I will do is look for a dealer who is very familiar with ED.

Still an awesome experience though that I look forward to doing again :) ... just not with the same dealer. :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
693 Posts
djlfp said:
Don't worry. If it does not arrive, I can show you mine. The Gumby base is what makes it distinctive. :rolleyes: I still do not know whether those attending the special Bimmer-Mai-fest get together will meet Sunday night somewhere or only Monday at Freimann. Keep in touch, everyone. For me, ten days 'til wheels up. :D
Thanks for the offer; so are we going to split the meal voucher too? Supposedly my replacement package is on its way.

See you there.

·
Registered
214 Posts
2005 745Li said:
Keri informed me that the PO must be received by BMWNA 30 days in advance of your delivery date in order to insure that time slot. QUOTE]

Feel bad for what you had to go thur. Makes the ED packet seem trivial. I received a delivery date (5/20) confirmation letter from BMW in early March. I just paid the dealer last week. I just called BMW ED 877-992-6999; & was told that their system does not show my PO as having been received. They also told me not to worry, as this was a busy time, & we had plenty of time :eek:

·
Happy as a snapping clam
812 Posts
2005 745Li said:
She informed me that the PO can be sent in at any point after the production date (1/21/05 in my case) and that most dealers that are familiar with ED do indeed get them in that early.
I may be quibbling, but it is just in an effort to assure accurate information. I am not sure that "production date" is an actual term used by BMW. Until Mar 24, I was advised: "Your vehicle is scheduled for production - no confirmed production date yet." On March 24, I was advised that my vehicle was in production with an estimated completion date of April 5. I think the actual completion date was April 4 or earlier and my guess is that the completion date is the production date.
The bottom line is that the dealer should submit the completed purchase order to BMWNA about seven weeks in advance of pickup to nail down the (previously requested and tentatively approved?) ED date.

·
Happy as a snapping clam
812 Posts
fishskis said:
Thanks for the offer; so are we going to split the meal voucher too? Supposedly my replacement package is on its way.See you there.
Do you think they will take a photocopy? :p I'm sure your packet will show up. They have over a week to get it to you.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
e36M3r said:
I have not paid either - check will be delivered next Friday, 3 weeks before wheels up.

I'm thinking its triggerred by the signature and return of the ED Purchase order.. you know, the one that you have to use all of your body weight to transfer the carbon through each sheet. Either that, or like the insurance company I work for, we suck at anyting that has to deal with paperwork or adminstration. :dunno:

·
Registered
35 Posts
More on ED packet

racefaith said:
I have not paid either - check will be delivered next Friday, 3 weeks before wheels up.

I'm thinking its triggerred by the signature and return of the ED Purchase order.. you know, the one that you have to use all of your body weight to transfer the carbon through each sheet. Either that, or like the insurance company I work for, we suck at anyting that has to deal with paperwork or adminstration. :dunno:
Don't know if this adds clarity or confusion to the subject, but.....I paid for my car about two full months out from pick-up date and my sales rep. assured me the ED info would arrive in the mail within 7-10 days. Eight days later, there it was. So, :dunno:.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.