BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
congrats. I also received my production no. today as well. have been waiting for the past three weeks and finally. By the way, my client advisor made a typo on the ED purchase order form and will have to overnight me a corrected copy for signature and notary. I immediately signed on to Owner's Circle. Neat resource.

Peter

·
Registered
89 Posts
What were your respective production dates? Mine was January 10, 2003 and I'm trying to find people who have a similar date.

I like the Owner's Circle a lot. I just downloaded the Owner's Manual ( they only have up to 2002 on their site) yesterday and it is very detailed.

Marc

·
Registered
28 Posts
My delivery date is March 13, and I will arrive in Munich on March 12. I plan to spend 14 days in Europe. I plan to drive to Austria, Switzerland and Italy, then drop the car off, then on to England via rail.

·
Color blind photographer
1,730 Posts
psmith said:
My delivery date is March 13, and I will arrive in Munich on March 12. I plan to spend 14 days in Europe. I plan to drive to Austria, Switzerland and Italy, then drop the car off, then on to England via rail.
Hopefully you're not dropping the car off in Italy. They "drive" the cars back from Italy. Nuff said?

·
BMW Fan
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How does one know whether they drive the cars back or truck them to port?
Is it stated anywhere in the drop off locations ahead of time?

·
Color blind photographer
1,730 Posts
DCC said:
How does one know whether they drive the cars back or truck them to port?
Is it stated anywhere in the drop off locations ahead of time?
Of all the locations where you can drop off ONLY Italy drives the cars back. All other locations truck them. I dropped off in Zurich and until the time I received the car in the US the mileage increased .1 mile. Yes, read carefully about the drop off and you will see this about the Italy drop off.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
DRIVE to england!!! pop through france, take the chunnel and voila, england! there's no point to not drive as the car will be having a rest while being shipped home. and, as a bonus, you get to drive on the 'wrong' side of the road which is very interesting! :thumbup:

personally, when i pick up my baby, i'll be driving from munich to switzerland, back to germany, czech rep, poland, germany, netherlands (amsterdam! :D :thumbup: ), belgium, france and finally england.

·
Registered
43 Posts
No production number for me yet. I'm picking up my 330i on March 10, then driving south into Italy and back north to Switzerland for drop-off in Zurich. Hope I get my # soon so I can get into the Owners Circle and check it out. Do any of you with March pick-ups have your number yet?

·
BMW Fan
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got mine Friday...3/24/03 pickup...and I started this thread

·
Registered
328 Posts
Still didn't get mine ED 03/14/03
Called ED and my name was in computer but they didn't have any allocation slots.
He also told me that they just got some and I should get mine by Monday.
I can’t wait any longer… I need a hobby

Does anybody have owner manual for 330i (PDF)

·
BMW Fan
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
03BMW330

The way I understand how it all works is:
1) your dealer sends a euro delivery request in to BMW NA (the type of car and delivery date is requested)
2) the confirmation is done verbally with BMW NA, but its only becomes official when the allocation of that car actually shows up on the dealer's allocation list (this is when the build date is also shown and the production number is assigned)
3) you will then have up to status 112 to make any changes to the car
4) your passport and driver's license info will have to be submitted to BMW NA when the car reaches status 150

·
Homesick for a Lotus
87 Posts
psmith said:
Just drive the car to England. The ferry is reasonalbe, you can get the ferry in France, Belgium, or The Netherlands. P&O or Seacat are fine. If you travel from Zeebrugge, you need to pay for your ferry tickets anyway from 24 to 48 hours from the time the boat leaves. I did my deliver in March of 2002. It was not bad, I flew to Munich picked up my car the same day and drove to Spangdahlem AB (near Trier). Did some shopping in Germany and Belgium. My brother and I drove to Zeebrugge and caught the ferry to Dover. I spent 10 days in England with my car. Driving from one relative to another. Most of my time was spent in Ipswich and Luton (home of Vauxhall Motors). I did have to pick my wife up at gatwick because she did not want to come to pick up the car with me. Save the train money and take your car.

Attachments

·
Homesick for a Lotus
87 Posts
jrubens said:
how was it driving on the wrong side of the road with an american steering wheel?
It was the first time with a left hand drive and it was better than driving with a right hand drive. At least I always went to the right side of the car. My only fear was clipping a parked car. I have a tendency to drive near the edge of the road (away from the middle line). I did get a lot of stares. i don't know if it was the fact of the tourist plate or the 6-cyl 325i or the lhd or 2 black guys driving in a lhd 325i. The last time I was in England, I drove a 2000 Ford Mondeo Ghia X (rhd). Big difference. In England, most Bimmers I saw, esp the dealer down the street from my Dad's house were 4 bangers or 2.0s.

To tell you the truth, I rather drive a lhd in England. It is what I am used to. I only go to England ever other year, so I don't get to drive on the left hand side much. Mountain roads in Jamaica will be next excursion. Too bad I cannot get a Subaru WRX STi for that vacation.

·
BMW Fan
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's the same production date I have for my 5 series
But I am not picking up till 3/24
Looks like the car will have to sit for awhile

1 - 20 of 26 Posts