BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have recently purchased a CPO 2008 550i out of state. Overall I am happy with everything, however there was a dealy in shipment, (not really a big concern). Paperwork was handled as of the date of the agreement but there was an error made by the dealer (odometer mileage) and we lost at least 5 days on papers being reworked and resent so at the end where as original purchase date did not change, so I received a car about 15 days after purchase date.
The temporary tags that I was supposed to get for 30 days I received 22 days after purchase since they were not included with the vehicle. I am still waiting on the floor mats since at first they were not in the car, and then they send me gray mats vs black that were supposed to be there.
By far the biggest concern to me is that there is a scratch on the bumper (there are a couple more here and there but nothing unexpected from a used car). Before making an offer I asked if there are any scratches and was told "The car is in great shape.", I guess I should have insisted on wording more precise, but I accepted this to mean as no scratches.
I have been trying to resolve this issue, together with tags and mats for 2 weeks now.
There is nothing I can do about tags and mats are supposedly on the way. But I am getting a run around and being ignored (I feel) on the scratch issue. I did give a $1000 deposit on my CC and planning on disputing part of it, but was hoping for dealership to solve this peacefully.
Should I tell them that I am plannin on disputing this? Should I just accept this? Should I dispute without any farther contact with dealership? I think if I tell them that I am going to dispute it it will ruing any possible good will, but than I can not really wait any longer either, because of CC policies.
Any advise?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Get an estimate at a body shop to get it fixed and send them bill. If they dont pay it, dispute the charge on CC.

I was in the same situation twice.

1. Used car dealer sold me a Mini Cooper S and there was a scratch that they did not disclose. We settled for $300.

2. Bought a CPO Saab... CPO inspection sheet that thent me said 100% rear brakes, pads and rotors. When car arrived, pads were new, rotors were not. They ended up sending me a set of OEM rotors and $200 check to put them on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts