BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am not a fan of bennettesmotorworld by the summit, where i have taken all my bmws. I have a 2002 745i that has a coolant leak and would like to update the software to the latest version, i have refilled it twice! I am hoping it is not the water pump! Any member suggestions on indy places, i have found online, mercedes doctor in trussville, The auto shop, momentum motor works? I hope smolck or somebody comments?

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,998 Posts
Most of what you mention is high dollar bs. I usually recommend myself since I am BMW indy in my spare time. Bimmer Care Car is good in Bessemer, but they won't be able to update your software.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most of what you mention is high dollar bs. I usually recommend myself since I am BMW indy in my spare time. Bimmer Care Car is good in Bessemer, but they won't be able to update your software.
Thanks for replying, I'll check them out this weekend! I saw the DIY on here for the water-pump, I have changed brakes on an e46, but I am not mechanically inclined to try the water pump at home! Decisonssss

·
Registered
34 Posts
Bennete's? No The Auto Shop? Yes

I took my '03 540i to Bennette's downtown with a cylinder misfire. They told me the compression was WAY low in one cylinder and I needed a new engine. I won't bore you with the details, but I drove away from The Auto Shop a few days later with the actual problem being very minor. The compression was fine on all cylinders. To Bennette's credit, they apologized and paid for the Auto Shop repair, but I've never been back and I'm torn between it being a case of incompetence or mailicious intent from one of their techs. The Auto Shop is my personal choice. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.