BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
What rocks!
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Walked out to my 2004 530i this morning and noticed a 3x5 in scrape on the front passenger side bumper. Down to the black plastic. No idea where/when it happened. :cry:

So now I must get it fixed ... may file a claim with USAA but am thinking I'd rather get a quote first to see how much it will be. Under the deductible, no problem. If it breaks the bank, well ...

Any recommended body shops in the DC/MD/VA area? I live very close to Arlington BMW and will probably go there, despite my previous lousy service experiences (even for a car under warranty). Any other suggestions?

Cheers,

Hoya

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Hoya Saxa said:
Walked out to my 2004 530i this morning and noticed a 3x5 in scrape on the front passenger side bumper. Down to the black plastic. No idea where/when it happened. :cry:

So now I must get it fixed ... may file a claim with USAA but am thinking I'd rather get a quote first to see how much it will be. Under the deductible, no problem. If it breaks the bank, well ...

Any recommended body shops in the DC/MD/VA area? I live very close to Arlington BMW and will probably go there, despite my previous lousy service experiences (even for a car under warranty). Any other suggestions?

Cheers,

Hoya
Go just a bit further down the street to Wagonworks. It is generally considered to be, by far, the best body shop in the area if not the region, not that a crappy shop couldn't adequately fix the minor damage you sound like you have.

·
Retired and happy
488 Posts
You are in luck

I have heard good things about Wagon Werks but I have never used them as I have been totally happy with the work of First Choice Body Shop just up the street from BMW of Arlington.

First Choice is at 525 31st Street South in Crystal City. Call 703 836-6920 and ask to speak with Ray or Pete to make an appointment.

They have performed three body repairs for me and have done a perfect job all 3 times.

I give them an unqualified endorsement.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone know if either of these 2 body shops do any subframe reinforcement (like Randy Forbes' M roadster and M coupe reinforcement job/kit - if anyone is familiar with what I am talking about). Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts