BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

I need to take my 89 E30 in for servicing and possibly replace transmission filter and cat converter. anyone here know of a good, reliable, reasonable mechanic in town?

thanks

·
Straight Bimmin
1,060 Posts
hey guys,

I need to take my 89 E30 in for servicing and possibly replace transmission filter and cat converter. anyone here know of a good, reliable, reasonable mechanic in town?

thanks
Find a DIY walk through and do it yourself, saves you money and you learn more about your car :thumbup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good god how I wish I could... I am beyond novice and I am afraid I am just going to make it worse. picture in your head a guy holding a wrench in front of a burning pile of metal with a dear-in-the-head-light look on his face... I know transmission filter maybe something I can attempt to replace myself but cat converter, based on my research, requires welding gear and reciprocal saw to cut out the existing one out and weld in the new one; probably something best left to a mechanic.

I also own a X5 that need a bit of body work... mostly dents I'd received from other people's doors in parking lot. maybe I can use the amount of work as leverage to get a decent rate.

Thanks for the vote for confidence though!!! one day man one day!!!!

·
an audience of One
7,853 Posts
^ this. he beat me to it. although MR 325 is a douche bag. wont respond to my PMs on e30tech.
Matt works there sometimes and is very approachable and responsive over the phone... as for PM's, I've never received a reply :rofl:

TNG did my swap, btw :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts