Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any recommendations for roof crossbars for a 2010 e61 with factory rails?

Ideally looking for low profile/slim type that could potentially be left on all the time, so need them to be as quiet as possible.

Have a Yakima SkyBox that would be used with it, but also just large item transport for those occasional trips to the home improvement store!

Thanks in advance!

cheers

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have a pair of Yakima Whisperbars if you're interested. My 2006 530xiT was hit and totalled. My new 2009 535xiT does not have factory roof rails, so I'm going to have to buy Thule mounts that clip around the body. I used these with a Thule roof box.

IMG_3426.jpg

IMG_3427.jpg

IMG_6390.jpg

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Bummer about the '09!

I'll keep this in mind, but especially since I'm thinking of a semi-permanent mount and mine is black also, I was leaning toward finding all black finish as well.

Cheers

·
Registered
637 Posts
They all make some sound, they will all hurt the gas mileage too, even if just a little. I have Rola cross bars, I like them a lot, they're all black. Rola doesn't make one for our cars but I bought the ones for the 2010 X5 and cut them to match my size. It is easy to do if you have access to a shop with a good aluminum cutter. One down side though (if you plan on leaving them on all the time) is that they don't have a lock, but they do require a special tool to install/remove....it makes it a little harder to steal.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Thule rail adapters and steel load bars. I have had a set for 8 years and have carried at various times lumber, scaffolding, canoes, kayaks, bicycles and multiple Thule boxes sometimes at the same time. All in stylish black.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the additional comments.

Yeah, anything will add some noise, even the more aerodynamic ones. My hope would be that they are also quick and easy to install/remove in case the always on proves too much.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Thanks for the additional comments.

Yeah, anything will add some noise, even the more aerodynamic ones. My hope would be that they are also quick and easy to install/remove in case the always on proves too much.
Well, I can get mine installed in 5 minutes top.

Sent from my F5321 using Bimmerfest mobile app

1 - 7 of 7 Posts