BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 X3 35i with all the packages except cold weather. The car drives like new and i enjoy it, but recent problems have me concerned. I have 76K miles and bought it CPO three years ago, the warranty expires this April. In October i had the Valve cover and Oil pan housing gaskets replaced because of oil leaks. In January, had another oil leak - "oil pipe outlet, set of gasket o-rings." About a week after this repair, I began to notice a burned oil smell, just as before. I have yet to take my car in for a check but i suspect yet another leak because the smell is becoming more noticeable. I am very tempted to trade-in my car but i am upside down by around $3,500. At this point i am inclined to fix / keep the car and hope that any future engine repairs would not exceed $3,500, at least over the next year. I mentioned to the service manager that i had concerns since warranty was going to expire. He mentioned something to the effect of "we have documented the problem so should it occur, we would fix it". Of course i am leery of this. Anyway i will make an appointment in the next couple of weeks.

Question: has anyone been in a similar situation? Did you keep the car - what was the outcome? Sell it?
I am also thinking about maintenance stuff - the battery is original so i understand that its lifespan is just about over. I have never had the break pads / rotors checked - although there is not squeaking. I did recently replace the tires.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts