BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yay!! It arrived early believe it or not. I never received a letter from BMWNA, so I never knew which boat it was on etc.

One issue, other than I forgot my flashlight and now it's gone :cry:

The car had some grimmey fingerprints on the ceiling fabric, see photo. What should I use to clean this up?

I LOVE THIS CAR! And thanks to everyone here for all the help with coordinating and planning of the ED trip!! Y'all rock!

Attachments

·
Freude am Fahren
19,698 Posts
Congratulations on the redelivery.

Not sure I understand what you mean when you say you forgot the flashlight - it sounds more like it disappeared.

·
Freude am Fahren
19,698 Posts
Oh, regarding the dirt - if it wasn't there when you left the car, tell the dealer to clean it. The car should not be dirtier than when you left it!

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
floodlight said:
Yay!! It arrived early believe it or not. I never received a letter from BMWNA, so I never knew which boat it was on etc.

One issue, other than I forgot my flashlight and now it's gone :cry:

The car had some grimmey fingerprints on the ceiling fabric, see photo. What should I use to clean this up?

I LOVE THIS CAR! And thanks to everyone here for all the help with coordinating and planning of the ED trip!! Y'all rock!
Flashlights do disappear on ED cars.....mine did once.

Love the dog and the ED plate number....I've never had a zero in ANY of my ED plates and you got 3....awesome! Drive it in good health!

·
Freude am Fahren
19,698 Posts
MARCUS330i said:
That's right - yours did. But it's the dealer's responsibility to replace it.

·
E30,840i,F80 M3comp,640GT
1,094 Posts
Congrats.
Enjoy the touring.

How's the fit for your dog? I'd like to get back into a 3 series touring after I'm done with the E61. As you can see from my avatar, I've got a pretty big dog and I hope he'll fit in an E91.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've contacted the dealer to have the flashlight replaced.

Insofar as the messyness on the fabric, the only problem for me is the dealer is a good hour drive away - damn LA traffic - and I'd rather not return to the dealer just to have the interior cleaned. Any suggestions on cleaners?

uter: my dog is 130lbs, a chocolate lab! I believe I'll remove the cargo cover when I carry him around as it cramps his style a little. Outside of that, it's a great fit for him. He is, afterall, the reason I got the touring! What breed is your dog? He/She looks great in the E61.

·
Powder Days
1,998 Posts
MARCUS330i said:
the ED plate number....I've never had a zero in ANY of my ED plates and you got 3....awesome!
I thought they would have saved that for JSpira in honor of his 5000th post. :D

OTOH, maybe they will suprise him with M6000Z since he is well on the way to that milestone.

Cheers

·
Powder Days
1,998 Posts
floodlight said:
As JSpira noted, the dealer should have cleaned this before redelivery. If you want to try the BMW leather cleaner/conditioner, it worked fine for me on the hard plastic A pillar and door panels well as the leather seats. Have not tried it on the fabric. Of course, this would mean a trip to the dealer to get the cleaner anyway. :D

You might also check the Detailng board. I'm sure those folks will have tons of advice.:rolleyes:

Still best choice is have the dealer clean it as they should have in the first place if it was there on redelivery and let them pick the right cleaner. :thumbup:

Cheers

·
Wannabe Bayer
92 Posts
MARCUS330i said:
Oh man! I just realized I left mine in the car! I hope I get lucky and it's still there at redelivery.

Jspira said:
...it's the dealer's responsibility to replace it.
I hope you don't mind if I quote you on that if they don't. :)

·
Freude am Fahren
19,698 Posts
Deutschhof said:
I hope you don't mind if I quote you on that if they don't. :)
You're supposed to leave it in the car.

The only things you need to remove would be the warning triangle and the first aid kit (and front license plate). That is because BMW cannot import these items. Everything else is BMW's responsibility.

And yes, you can quote me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did get a suggestion in the detailing forum. I'll try the suggestion out tonight.

And you can bet that I'll raise a stink if they don't come through with the flashlight!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.