BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Combat Commuter
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yep, popped up in freeway traffic on the way home on Tuesday, with subsequent reduction in power. Car ran six-cylinder smooth and could maintain 80 mph but felt like missing half the ponies. Fortunately, I was about twenty minutes away from my dealer and managed to get there three minutes before closing. They threw a loaner at me, and I continued on my way.

Status on Wednesday: Upon restart of car, there was no warning indicator, but the indication fault was logged in the computer. However, there were no associated faults logged, so unclear as to what parameter/sensor set the Reduce Power indication. Various tests performed and results sent to Germany. Response from Germany was to update DME software.

Dealer tells me Germany is interested in my E93 due to build date and mileage. Conversation went like this: "3670 miles, Ja?" "No!" "36,700 kilometers, Ja?" "No!" "36,700 miles?, Gott en Himmel, Kalifornier sind verrückt." Or something like that.

Status on Thursday: After software update, tests were re-performed. Results sent to Germany. Response back was to R&R wastegate actuators. Car ready for pick-up in late afternoon.

I was also asked if my HP fuel pressure pump had been changed as my VIN makes it a candidate and the dealer sees no service record on it. Action they're surprised hasn't happen, yet. Nope, original fuel pump, but thanks guys for now jinxing my ass.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bcube...My car went into limp mode this morning. I just got off the phone with my dealer. Similar to your case, he says the fault was logged into the computer but they could not reproduce the situation. He asked me the same questions about my fuel pump which has not yet been changed. He said to take it home for the weekend and that it is more likely than not that he will be seeing me again Monday morning. Talk about a jinx. Methinks there is a new fuel pump in my future....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts