BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any information or ideas on this upgrade. I have spent many nights looking in this forum and web pages and can't find the right part. Has any one done this or am I just wasting time and money. Any help will great!!!
Thanks

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Does anyone have any information or ideas on this upgrade. I have spent many nights looking in this forum and web pages and can't find the right part. Has any one done this or am I just wasting time and money. Any help will great!!!
Thanks
Are you going to keep the headlight housing and just replace the halogen to Xenon?

If that;s the case look at DDM and Mtec kit, but ask alot of questions to make sure it close to plug and play possible.
Afew things, there maybe no actual slot in the housing for the balast so you have to mount it using some ingenuity, Also there naybe error code (again ask the seller). The code is coming from LCM thinking the halgen bulb is blown, well when it sends small electric current and try to measure it, it fails to see the halogen bulb (since you have the balast instead). Also when this occur you may see flicker on the xenon bulb, periodically. You may need capaciotr to supres the test spike signal.

Hope that helps a bit.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
You will need the headlight housing that has projectors for the HID. Don't just buy HID bulbs and stick them in the regular halogen headlight housing.
Ben, I believe all E60 after 2005 has prjector headlight and since his is 528 I assume it's 2007 or younger. I could be wrong about it for sure so OP needs to check it on his 528i.

BTW, it's DDMtuning who sells the HID kit. I never order from them so that's my disclaimer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the replys, the car is a 2008 and i think it has reflector lights. I am wanting to get the driving and upbeams to look like zenons my other BMW had. I dont want anything that is going to get codes or cut the wiring. Is this what DDN sells if not any other itea will help.
thanks Greg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.