BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I did use the search function and can't seem to find a straight answer for this.

Say I ordered a car for ED. I put down the $500 deposit. Will that deposit be refundable up until the time I need to pay full for the car (2 weeks before departure?), or will it only be refundable up to the vehicle is starting production?

thanks in advance!
 

·
mmm... carbs!
Joined
·
3,055 Posts
Why the hell did you put a deposit down for an ED? You call your dealer, have them request a car to be built, and you pay for it in full two weeks before your delivery date. Go to your dealer and ask for your money back. They can't keep it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
xspeedy said:
Why the hell did you put a deposit down for an ED? You call your dealer, have them request a car to be built, and you pay for it in full two weeks before your delivery date. Go to your dealer and ask for your money back. They can't keep it.
They requested for me to pay for the deposit. I was new to the whole ED scene so I thought that's a common procedue. So no deposit required for placing an ED order?

When I did a special order for my Lexus, that's what exactly my dealer asked me to do, a $500 deposit. I thought it's normal.

Can someone else confirm I shouldn't need to put a deposit for an ED?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
No deposite?

xspeedy said:
Why the hell did you put a deposit down for an ED? You call your dealer, have them request a car to be built, and you pay for it in full two weeks before your delivery date. Go to your dealer and ask for your money back. They can't keep it.
The other dealer told me I have to put a deposite because I am ordering SMG. My dealer has not ask for it yet....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
epoints said:
The other dealer told me I have to put a deposite because I am ordering SMG. My dealer has not ask for it yet....
my order was just a typical e92 coupe, fully loaded with sport package and manual trans.
 

·
Using SPF 45
Joined
·
3,672 Posts
echelone said:
They requested for me to pay for the deposit. I was new to the whole ED scene so I thought that's a common procedue. So no deposit required for placing an ED order?

When I did a special order for my Lexus, that's what exactly my dealer asked me to do, a $500 deposit. I thought it's normal.

Can someone else confirm I shouldn't need to put a deposit for an ED?
I put down $1000, although the check was never cashed (I was told it wouldn't be). I don't think it's a big deal to put one down. It ensures the dealer takes you seriously.

Besides, in most states (all?) you can get it back.

But, if you're planning to back out, I'd do it ASAP so that no one gets burned.
 

·
I roll thusly
Joined
·
58 Posts
I too put down a deposit (they specifically asked for one) of... $500 I think? Although they also did not cash the check. I can't remember if my rep said it was a dealer policy or ED policy (but I think the former).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
echelone said:
They requested for me to pay for the deposit. I was new to the whole ED scene so I thought that's a common procedue. So no deposit required for placing an ED order?

When I did a special order for my Lexus, that's what exactly my dealer asked me to do, a $500 deposit. I thought it's normal.

Can someone else confirm I shouldn't need to put a deposit for an ED?
e92 335i - ordered July 14th.
CA confirmed order with production number on July 26th.
I'm scheduled to pick up in Munich October 9.

The entire ED process was completed over the phone without any deposit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
676 Posts
I put $1000 down, have no idea if they are cashing the check...and I guess I don't care. My car's going to be ready for pickup on 10/6/06 and it's going have to be paid for sooner or later. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,072 Posts
$1000 deposit here which I put on a credit card. I didn't mind. It's good faith money and fully refundable in CA. Plus I got an extra 1000 FF miles to use on my flight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
209 Posts
samplemaven said:
I put $1000 down, have no idea if they are cashing the check...and I guess I don't care. My car's going to be ready for pickup on 10/6/06 and it's going have to be paid for sooner or later. :)
I guess that I will see you in Munich. That is my requested delivery date that my CA tells me should be confirmed tomorrow.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top