BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Ashe said:
Boys we are going to be doing at Rutgers details coming REAL soon maybe tomorrow... stay tuned....
:thumb: :bigpimp:

If Rutgers doesn't work out maybe Al and Mike could host it in the Philly area. Al could do detail demos at Mike's sister's shop:D

·
superwagon pilot
'17 991.2C, '19 e450 wagon, 11 135iC, 09 x3
1,407 Posts
Re: Re: Regarding Bimmerfest East :) Please read

I'll volunteer my car for Al's demo, this way we could see how he detailing can even restore shine to the most neglected cars.
:thumb:
PM 325xiT said:

:thumb: :bigpimp:

If Rutgers doesn't work out maybe Al and Mike could host it in the Philly area. Al could do detail demos at Mike's sister's shop:D

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Regarding Bimmerfest East :) Please read

Josh (PA) said:
I'll volunteer my car for Al's demo, this way we could see how he detailing can even restore shine to the most neglected cars.
:thumb:
I fear the line would be very llllllllloooooooooonnnnnnnngggggggggg:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Regarding Bimmerfest East :) Please read

PM 325xiT said:

I fear the line would be very llllllllloooooooooonnnnnnnngggggggggg:rolleyes:
Seeing as it takes me 5-7 hours just to do my car, the wait list for Al's detail service would stretch into 2003.

I hear the Ripsnort detail service is even better than mine, and he can work his magic in a garage. :thumb:

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Regarding Bimmerfest East :) Please read

alee said:

Seeing as it takes me 5-7 hours just to do my car, the wait list for Al's detail service would stretch into 2003.

I hear the Ripsnort detail service is even better than mine, and he can work his magic in a garage. :thumb:
Al you can use my garage any time:thumb: And you should be nice to Josh since it appears he will have one soon:)

You could probably cut that 5-7 down to 4 if you wouldn't stop for posting pics after each phase:confused:

G

·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Regarding Bimmerfest East :) Please read

alee said:

5-7 HOURS!!???

That's sick.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Regarding Bimmerfest East :) Please read

TD said:

5-7 HOURS!!???

That's sick.
I go through an 8 hour session once ever 4-6 month that involves wash, clay, polish, and 2 coats of wax for each car.

In between, I just wash and dry once every 2 weeks, and THAT takes about 20 minutes, including the wheels.

Of course, once I go out onto tracks it'll be a different story...There's no way I'd be able to keep it as clean and stone chip free as it is now.

G

·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Regarding Bimmerfest East :) Please read

The HACK said:

I go through an 8 hour session once ever 4-6 month that involves wash, clay, polish, and 2 coats of wax for each car.

In between, I just wash and dry once every 2 weeks, and THAT takes about 20 minutes, including the wheels.

Of course, once I go out onto tracks it'll be a different story...There's no way I'd be able to keep it as clean and stone chip free as it is now.
Yeah, I've been biting my tongue on the subject of how many performance mods you've added without ever doing a drivers school or autox.

For most people, I'd recommend doing the track time BEFORE doing the mods. Not only do you get to learn on a car with lower limits (hence, SAFER), but your mod priorities change when you learn what your car's weaknesses really are, not just what looks and/or sounds cool.

That said, I have seen virtually ZERO cosmetically modded cars at either the drivers schools or autox-es I've attended.

BTW, driving like a nut on public roads doesn't translate to track events at all. Just because you drive fast now doesn't mean you'll automatically do well on the track.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Regarding Bimmerfest East :) Please read

TD said:

Yeah, I've been biting my tongue on the subject of how many performance mods you've added without ever doing a drivers school or autox.

For most people, I'd recommend doing the track time BEFORE doing the mods. Not only do you get to learn on a car with lower limits (hence, SAFER), but your mod priorities change when you learn what your car's weaknesses really are, not just what looks and/or sounds cool.

That said, I have seen virtually ZERO cosmetically modded cars at either the drivers schools or autox-es I've attended.

BTW, driving like a nut on public roads doesn't translate to track events at all. Just because you drive fast now doesn't mean you'll automatically do well on the track.
Don't worry, I WILL be on the track soon...Lash away.

Actually, driving like a nut on public roads not only NOT translate well to track events, sometimes you pick up really bad habits driving like a nut on public roads that will HURT your driving on the tracks. They stress over and over to be SMOOTH when you're on the tracks, smooth throttle input and smooth steering input and SMOOTH braking...Driving like a nut on public, straight roads will only hurt you on the tracks where you need to be extremely SMOOTH to wring out every bit of braking and handling you can.

G

·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Regarding Bimmerfest East :) Please read

The HACK said:

Don't worry, I WILL be on the track soon...Lash away.

Actually, driving like a nut on public roads not only NOT translate well to track events, sometimes you pick up really bad habits driving like a nut on public roads that will HURT your driving on the tracks. They stress over and over to be SMOOTH when you're on the tracks, smooth throttle input and smooth steering input and SMOOTH braking...Driving like a nut on public, straight roads will only hurt you on the tracks where you need to be extremely SMOOTH to wring out every bit of braking and handling you can.
Exactly. Fortunately day 2 of my drivers school was in the rain which made smoothness rather mandatory.

Still, one guy stuffed his E30 M3 that day.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Regarding Bimmerfest East :) Please read

TD said:

true...true...

My car is modified slightly and was before my first track event :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.