BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I know the car says that it only take preminum in it so i suggest that you put it in, I know gas is high and within 2 years gas will be around 5.00 dollars a gal. now we have a 23 gal tank and 5 x 23 is $ 115.00. Trust me gas will not go down but up and up.

·
Registered
2015 535i, 2017 X3 x35
1,721 Posts
You can use regular but you will get reduced performance and poorer gas mileage which will offset any savings: lower mpg=more gas to buy.

Stick with the good stuff.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
you could mess up the 02 sensors really early with that regular gasoline

·
Registered
850 Posts
for the $5.00 your going to save i don't feel it's worth it, not sure if you guys have Lukoil gas stations where your at but they have them in NJ and my dealer told me they are rated the worst gas you can put in your car and it causes valve problems because of the amount of some additive they use. They also told me Shell has the best gas out these days.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
lukoil we dont have but we have Arco wich is the cheapest and im sure its a s bad as lukoil i dont use arco on my dead body

·
Certified Enthusiast
576 Posts
buy a prius

switching from premium to regular wont save you as much as you think....
and its a nono youll end up spending more money getting your motor fixed than saving money on gas.....if anything you might get away w/ running 89 but i wouldnt even consider putting anything less than 91 in these motors....

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'll stick with premium for the reasons above, but here in Florida all gas is now 10% alcohol which presents a whole set of new problems. More corrosion and water contamination Which means more maintenance down the road, which I think would not be covered by warranty.

·
Banned
638 Posts
94 Octane Here

·
Registered
119 Posts
We only get 91 octane in the Bay Area. Anybody in the San Jose area (Cali) know a place to get higher octane fuel?

·
Registered
806 Posts
for the $5.00 your going to save i don't feel it's worth it, not sure if you guys have Lukoil gas stations where your at but they have them in NJ and my dealer told me they are rated the worst gas you can put in your car and it causes valve problems because of the amount of some additive they use. They also told me Shell has the best gas out these days.
Actually, I was told WaWa gas is the worst. All I have is Lukoil next to WaWa here in PA and I use Lukoil. When my wife had her Land Rover it had all of the fuel injectors replaced twice under warranty and they told us to stay away from the WaWa gas.

Jer

·
Registered
850 Posts
I have been going to this next quick check here in NJ for months now figured they had good gas, new tanks and they go through it so damn fast and are the chepest but last night I filled up at Shell with V Power and put in a bottle of Lukoil injecter cleaner and OMG it's like a new car. The dealer I go to said Shell V Power was the highest rated gas I was like yeah ok whatever but it reall seemed to make a difference. Shell was 3.77 for vpower and quick check is 3.63 for super but for the difference of .14 cents a gallon I'm sticking to Shell. Hey and I got a handy dandy microfiber cloth for the dash :)

·
In Heaven
2,971 Posts
Can you at least put a "search" on b4 you get toated???? the subject has been debated 20000000000000000... times, and if the gas is too expensive,... maybe sell the car and buy something else...:thumbup:

·
Registered
56 Posts
however, for the record, and despite all the opinions, the manual for my 750 states that 91 and above is preferred HOWEVER 87 can be used with no damage. it goes on to say that there may be knocking or pinging noises upon start and shut down, but that it won't do any damage to the engine.

check it out! read the manual.

but, i agree with everyone else. use premium.

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
If gas goes to 8.00 a gal Im sending diz a pm for his prius...:D

·
Registered
78 Posts
How about 10% alcohol? Here in Florida all the stations are converting.

My boat motor, lawn tractor and service eqt all got screwed up when a local station switched several years ago.

I dread to see what will happen with 7r's

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
If gas goes to 8.00 a gal Im sending diz a pm for his prius...:D
:rofl:
i'll mail you a key in advance. you book a one way flight from JFK to SFO. ill text you where we leave the car in short term parking before our next vacation and you can just drive it home (cost of gas from san fran ----> NY under $300). ill chalk it up as a theft and no longer have to look at the cheese wedge. i pick up a hybrid (Lexus LS600H L) for the wife and we're good to go :thumbup: ill even do you a solid and throw on some 20" deep dish Velocity's (or some bootleg asanti's if you prefer).

1 - 20 of 38 Posts