BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've browsed many pages and have seen several references to the 750 having reliability issues (debates about keeping out of warranty, etc.). I've seen a few references to weak transmissions and have personally experienced the sunroof noise problem in a 06 750 and in two different used 08's 535/528's (amazing that they have trouble with something so basic).

However, I have not found a thread that discusses the primary/most common issues seen in the 750. Any links, or guidance on the issues to search for, appreciated.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I've browsed many pages and have seen several references to the 750 having reliability issues (debates about keeping out of warranty, etc.). I've seen a few references to weak transmissions and have personally experienced the sunroof noise problem in a 06 750 and in two different used 08's 535/528's (amazing that they have trouble with something so basic).

However, I have not found a thread that discusses the primary/most common issues seen in the 750. Any links, or guidance on the issues to search for, appreciated.
It's a mixed bag. You may get one that has very few, if any issues. One may also get one w/ a few typical issues(sunroof, tranny, SRS fault in passenger seat) have the car serviced & never have a problem again. Then comes the worst case scenario, Murphy's Law-too many repeat issues & weeks/months in the shop.(lemon)

I've had the tranny & sunroof, both have been fixed & no current issues to speak of.
*fingers & toes crossed!*:eeps:

·
Registered
117 Posts
I vaguely remember a quote from engineering classes that went something like "every system with more than one component has a finite non zero failure rate that increases geometrically with each additional component". This car has LOTS of components. It does incredible stuff. I'm a car guy, and have had a bunch, but for a car of this weight and cushion to perform as it does stuns me every single time I put it on the road. The blend of performance and luxury (especially at the prices you can get 750's these days) is unmatched. For the most part, the gripes are pretty small...the windnoise from the sunroof is more noticeable because the rest of the car is nearly silent. The tranny doesn't (for the most part) leave you on the side of the road anywhere, but you begin noticing the difference between "really really amazing"...and "not". There are 750's with a lot of miles now and you rarely hear about any multithousand dollar gotcha's. There is no great solution for a subpar phone interface (you can't search a large list by alphabet, for example), and the battery is more incredibly important to this flippin' car than you would ever imagine. Trunk rams seem to seep a little (cheap fix) and the headlights get foggy (not so). Apparently there are some complicated stereo issues when speakers start going south, too, but I haven't dealt with that. Good luck in your search.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts