BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after much research and a lot of advice I broke down and purchased the extend maintenance with 48k on my 2007 530i I was really getting concerned?. Yesterday I purchased the 72 months /100.000 mile upgrade and today I feel great knowing I am good to go through May 2012 with no worry of brake jobs etc: I shopped around and I have to say.
Thank you [email protected] his price and service was excellent saved our household over $500 over purchasing here in Dallas :p

·
BMW Enthusiast!
5,679 Posts
Well after much research and a lot of advice I broke down and purchased the extend maintenance with 48k on my 2007 530i I was really getting concerned?. Yesterday I purchased the 72 months /100.000 mile upgrade and today I feel great knowing I am good to go through May 2012 with no worry of brake jobs etc: I shopped around and I have to say.
Thank you [email protected] his price and service was excellent saved our household over $500 over purchasing here in Dallas :p
No problem with where you buy it versus where the service is done? Your dealer would not work with you on this?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dealers in Dallas

Unfortunately the BMW Dealers in Dallas have not come to terms with the down turn in the economy and are trying to conduct business as we are still in 2005 however I am feeling the pinch and I needed to get the best Deal I could for m my Household. Thank you to all for your help

·
Registered
23 Posts
I recently purchased my 2006 530i and opted for the maintenance contract.

The actual contract arrived for my signature and am really disappointed with it. It looks like all I get for this are oil changes and brake jobs, everything else seems to be excluded. Just how much does a brake job cost??

·
Registered
123 Posts
Do you mind sharing how much you paid for the maintanence program.

I recently purchased 07 530i considering a maintanence program

Thanks

I recently purchased my 2006 530i and opted for the maintenance contract.

The actual contract arrived for my signature and am really disappointed with it. It looks like all I get for this are oil changes and brake jobs, everything else seems to be excluded. Just how much does a brake job cost??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Peace of mine

Well I would say for me $1695 for all Oil Changes, Brakes and Rotors, Belts top of fluids and a Loaner car, and the software updates all done at the BMW dealer is worth it to me as this will take me through to 5/2012 or 100k miles. Now with my MB E500 I have a local guy take care of it but with all the computer items on the 530i it gives me a peace of mind.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The cost is $2495. The dealer would not budge on this price and said that it was fixed by BMWNA. He did come down on the price of the car to sweeten the deal.

The car had its first brake job done at 47,000 miles. I doubt that I will put on more than 30,000 miles in the next two years. That works out to one service. Everything else seems to be excluded. The car is still CPO but the maintenance agreement is looking worse all the time.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
The cost is $2495. The dealer would not budge on this price and said that it was fixed by BMWNA. He did come down on the price of the car to sweeten the deal.

The car had its first brake job done at 47,000 miles. I doubt that I will put on more than 30,000 miles in the next two years. That works out to one service. Everything else seems to be excluded. The car is still CPO but the maintenance agreement is looking worse all the time.
Your dealer is ripping you off. My dealer quoted me $1,695, which is list as I understand it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Your dealer is ripping you off. My dealer quoted me $1,695, which is list as I understand it.
My dealer in Monroe LA QUOTED ME $1695.00 also.

He quoted me $1495.00 for the extended warranty.

He quoted me $2800.00 if I bought them at the same time. He also recommended that I wait till I am about 3 months from the time that my original warranty expires. He knows my tend to trade every couple of years, and suggested this only if I planned on keeping my car for 6 years. I am 2 years away from warranty expiration. I only have 8200 miles on my 07 530i.

John

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
I have a friend that just bought a 07, 750i with all the trimmings, non CPO no extended maintainence, or warranty, nothing. Went in blind as a bat, hes in for a rude awakening. I dont understand how some people just go buy a luxury vehicle with having done zero research then complain how expensive an oil change is, I don't get it!:tsk:

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Why not going with a reputable independent BMW shop (check bimrs.org) and save $, as well as performing more frequent oil changes etc. if you plan to keep the car for long term?

The only thing I'd purchase is an extended warranty, for all the potential electrical problems as well as the famously unreliable BMW automatic transmission.

·
L5 Commander
147 Posts
Why not going with a reputable independent BMW shop (check bimrs.org) and save $, as well as performing more frequent oil changes etc. if you plan to keep the car for long term?

The only thing I'd purchase is an extended warranty, for all the potential electrical problems as well as the famously unreliable BMW automatic transmission.
Awesome link thanks!

*oh and even awesomer avatar!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts