BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Freude am Fahren
19,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's going to be more than that.

A completely new infotainment system will replace BMW's current CCC (Car Communication Computer) system in most but not all BMWs starting possibly as soon as September 2008 production, according to unconfirmed reports we have collected. The CIC (Car Infotainment System) will reportedly be installed on new 1er, 3er, 5er, and 6er Series, and possibly the new F01 7er Series, this fall if things fall into place as planned.
Click here for more details.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I like the way this sounds...particularly having night vision incomporated into the HUD. I have night vision in my 5, but find it unusable when driving alone.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Very strange partition of the 40 GB hard drive:
music 3 GB
telephone (name & address) 10 GB

3 GB of music is a joke, and 10 GB of telephone data is probably enough for the entire US phone book! :)

·
Rocket Scientist
1,455 Posts
While some of these things may be a straight swap for what's in the car now it's a lot of change for a car with only two model years left, the 5er. If so bring on the new twin-turbo V8 555i and sign me up.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
sigh. there's always something better. BMW releases new tech or design in sequences that can surely upset people. example: the 335 replaces 330 after one year, and M3 sedan with new lights after 1/2 yr.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Very strange partition of the 40 GB hard drive:
music 3 GB
telephone (name & address) 10 GB

3 GB of music is a joke, and 10 GB of telephone data is probably enough for the entire US phone book! :)
+1 :confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts