BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Anyone her remember the story of early Bimmerfest OT icon "Teh Jev".

:dunno:

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
I do remember a lot of what was shared here - and there was so much - are you referring to the early fest stuff - ie, the fundraising - or the latter stuff like when he passed away so early in life?

A man taken before his time. :(

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do remember a lot of what was shared here - and there was so much - are you referring to the early fest stuff - ie, the fundraising - or the latter stuff like when he passed away so early in life?

A man taken before his time. :(
Yep, all of it...

OT was incredibly close-knit core group in the early days of Bimmerfest.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Yep, all of it...

OT was incredibly close-knit core group in the early days of Bimmerfest.

Yes, indeed.

I think it was still pretty close up until most of the pol-sci regulars got their haunt closed down. :dunno:

·
Brevity= the soul of wit
11,549 Posts
Anyone her remember the story of early Bimmerfest OT icon "Teh Jev".
I remember him well.

Since last year, I find myself in his hometown a few times a year. I have found his sister, mom and dad. I've spoken with his parents who are somewhat infamously guarded. I expect to connect in the Spring. Mostly bc I don't wanna go back to the area until it thaws. :eek:

We've also lost djfitter and Patrick. Anyone else know of members who have finished the test drive and moved on to the Big Open Road?

·
Overly Intellectual
6,573 Posts
I gave him a ride once. We had a party in Ventura. And had him over to my place when I helped tgee install a radar detector in her car. Cool guy, and liked his perspective.

·
Uniquely desultory
7,558 Posts
I wanted to tell him about the new dog one of my clients got. Someone recommended a Formosan Mountain Dog and I guess they figured that would be something different. Also called Taiwan Dog. Unusual critter. A bit high strung, she was a handful at first (I see her several times a month) but she has mellowed out. But holy crap this dog is a lot of muscle in a small package. I think a group of them would be great for catch dogs in wild boar hunting. Fast and energetic.

Theirs is light brown but this photo captures the sort of muscularity their dog has.

·
The King of Common Sense
2,142 Posts
I never knew him that well, but contributed to his trip to Bimmerfest. I remembered sending him some paid phone credits to his OK address. Here, he is at 2006 Bimmerfest, which was moved to Earl Warren Showgrounds, Santa Barbara. I photoshopped that funny transfer picture of him with a wig, shown on his tee shirt. :) I remembered the story about him and SWISS peeing all over the hotel room they were staying. Jev didn't own a BMW, but was in the OT forum all the time. Yea, I remembered him staying with tgee, for what, 2 years? I made a lot of friends from early bimmerfest.

Attachments

·
Omni Extaris
6,204 Posts
I never knew him that well, but contributed to his trip to Bimmerfest. I remembered sending him some paid phone credits to his OK address. Here, he is at 2006 Bimmerfest, which was moved to Earl Warren Showgrounds, Santa Barbara. I photoshopped that funny transfer picture of him with a wig, shown on his tee shirt. :) I remembered the story about him and SWISS peeing all over the hotel room they were staying. Jev didn't own a BMW, but was in the OT forum all the time. Yea, I remembered him staying with tgee, for what, 2 years? I made a lot of friends from early bimmerfest.
I was in the hotel room across from them the day that SWISS peed in the room, due to too much alcohol. As I recall, Ben (Jever, named after a German beer from North West Germany), did not pee on the walls. Only SWISS.

Ben spent some time in Germany during high school which is probably how he got to know Jever beer.

·
Casey!
17,654 Posts
Phillyjever.

RIP dude.

·
The King of Common Sense
2,142 Posts

·
an audience of One
7,860 Posts
Hi Jon! :hi:

We've also lost djfitter and Patrick. Anyone else know of members who have finished the test drive and moved on to the Big Open Road?

Dang. I didn't know they passed... I am sad to hear this news. Patrick used to post pictures of his E39 Touring with so much dang winter road grime :rofl:

I remember that event :thumbup: It was the first time I met teh Jev. I have some pics from the meetups at Da Kine's restaurant with Jev and TeeGee, and at So Cal Euro with Jev in ScottN2Retro's E46 M3 racecar.

In hindsight, TeeGee was/is a saint. She was of immense help to the Jev.

·
The King of Common Sense
2,142 Posts
There was a real people community back then. I searched my HD. I got lots of pictures from bimmerfest #2 to #6. I missed the #1. A couple of pics from da kine restaurant. tgee in red. She had a E46 red M3, right? emission still lives in Thousand Oaks. There was a tremendous membership growth that first year. I kept track of lots of things like age and professions. EU delivery was a very big topic in regards to saving money along with a vacation. So, I was at the BMW Welt in Munich, in May, 2008. I had access to the book where everybody signed when they took delivery.

Attachments

·
an audience of One
7,860 Posts
There was a real people community back then. I searched my HD. I got lots of pictures from bimmerfest #2 to #6. I missed the #1. A couple of pics from da kine restaurant. tgee in red. She had a E46 red M3, right? emission still lives in Thousand Oaks. There was a tremendous membership growth that first year. I kept track of lots of things like age and professions. EU delivery was a very big topic in regards to saving money along with a vacation. So, I was at the BMW Welt in Munich, in May, 2008. I had access to the book where everybody signed when they took delivery.
This must have been 10 years ago, right Dave? IIRC TeeGee had a ZHP. Mike (Emission) had an Imola M3 or Z4.

·
The King of Common Sense
2,142 Posts
This must have been 10 years ago, right Dave? IIRC TeeGee had a ZHP. Mike (Emission) had an Imola M3 or Z4.
Mike and I had a jet black 330i SP. He killed the computer or some black box when he lost control, either racing or autoXing, but replacement was covered under warranty. :rofl:
I remembered the two caravans coming from SD and the SFV to 2005 fest. There were always a few that wanted to speed (show offs). Here the cop was handing out tickets at Cutters. :)

Attachments

·
Worlds Foremost Authority
15,956 Posts
I never net him but I remember his posts.

·
Casey!
17,654 Posts
Was it Facebook that changed everything?

·
an audience of One
7,860 Posts
I found a few pics of the Jeve.

IIRC, this was at So Cal Euro, circa 2006:

Jever in Scotty and Ralph's racecar. This was when I first met Scott and started crewing for him at local races.

In the picture above, Scott in the red jacket, and I'm pretty sure that is Operknockity in the hat (RIP).

I think we all know the fella in the dark glasses.

TeeGee, Mrs. LTS, Byron, Jever, LTS.

Foreground: TeeGee, Frank Rizzo, Tyrone, Jever at DaKine's GTG.

Jack (can't remember his handle), Jeve, AsianImage (Irving), Jesse (DaKine), Christian, and for the life of me I don't recall the name of the dude kneeling. This was at DaKine's restaurant as well.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts