·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Adam I just noticed your detailing biz! Good stuff!! Are things picking up? How long have you been doing that?

·
Crazy Canadian
1,095 Posts
webguy330i said:
Adam I just noticed your detailing biz! Good stuff!! Are things picking up? How long have you been doing that?

Things are dead. Hasn't been a single IT job posting here that I am qualified for in nearly a month. The detailing thing has only been for about a couple of weeks. A couple of clients, pays the cellphone and credit card bill so I can't complain. Besides - I get to deal with cars with less than ideal finishes. One of the cars regularily hits speeds over 150mph. Speeds like that are not friendly on a finish.

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
Cool web site--nice work.

Is there a bimmerfest.com discount?

;-)

PS. Love the PS21 stuff! Much better than Zaino, IMHO.

·
Crazy Canadian
1,095 Posts
hts said:
Cool web site--nice work.

Is there a bimmerfest.com discount?

;-)

PS. Love the PS21 stuff! Much better than Zaino, IMHO.
I've never used Zaino(just been too lazy to order.) P21S works good for me. I use Blitz on cars where people just want a shine and for it to last half a year.

Sure there's a bimmerfest discount, if you're in Calgary that is :thumb:

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
So is Blitz better than Mcguires? (the reason I ask is that I just called up the guys at carcareonline and told them I didn't know squat about looking after my car and to recommend what they thought was best. They sold me some PS21 stuff--wheel cleaner, soap, Blitz wax, an Australian wash mitt, and some cotton towels). Around $125 in all.

Still have yet to open up the box (although I bought the stuff on a whim 6 mths ago).

Just thought I'd get a professional insider's opinion...

·
Crazy Canadian
1,095 Posts
Blitz will last at least twice as long as P21S(P21S lasts about two months in harsher conditions, snow, rain, etc) while Blitz on average will last 4-5 months, even longer in ideal conditions. Blitz shines really good too. P21S has the edge though for a better 'wet' look.

One thing I do like about Meguiars wax is its application and removal - a lot easier than P21S. P21S is one of the harder waxes to remove but the results are worth it. I find that using a quickdetail spray after removing 90% of the P21S wax eases up the last portion of removal and helps with buffing to get the best shine in the least amount of time.

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
I'm sorry, I didn't make myself very clear.

I bought the PS21 wheel cleaner and car wash and the Blitz wax (don't have PS21 wax).

I was trying to ask what your thoughts were on the Blitz wax vis-a-vis the Mcguires (sp?) wax? How does the shine, application/removal, longevity, etc. between these 2 products compare from your experience?

·
Crazy Canadian
1,095 Posts
Blitz was is better than Meguiars, in my opinion. They both have a similar shine if they're both applied the same way with the same technique but Blitz will last longer. Depending on the Meguiars wax, Blitz will last a whole lot longer. Gold Class(found on Pep Boys shelves, etc) will only last about one month, with a mediocre shine. Yellow #26 will last 2-3 months with a shine similar to Blitz, but Blitz still has the edge. Blitz is so popular(and highly recomended by carcareonline) because of its longevity. Having to wax only two or three times a year while keeping a supperb shine is the alure...

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
I remember all that sheit, I had been on the org since March 2000, I am still trying to pull myself back together :lmao:

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
bol said:
Blitz was is better than Meguiars, in my opinion. They both have a similar shine if they're both applied the same way with the same technique but Blitz will last longer. Depending on the Meguiars wax, Blitz will last a whole lot longer. Gold Class(found on Pep Boys shelves, etc) will only last about one month, with a mediocre shine. Yellow #26 will last 2-3 months with a shine similar to Blitz, but Blitz still has the edge. Blitz is so popular(and highly recomended by carcareonline) because of its longevity. Having to wax only two or three times a year while keeping a supperb shine is the alure...
Cool, thanks. For some reason, I trusted the guy at carcareonline (who knows, maybe he was trying to move a lot of PS21 or Blitz that month and was pushing it to dumb-asses like me?), but since I haven't used it yet, can't really tell.

So let me ask you this--if you prefer Blitz over Meguiars--why do you use Maguiars? Guess a coupla' reasons come to mind--easier to apply/remove? Cheaper to you? Shines doesn't last as long, so customers will pay to have details done more frequently? Anything else?

;-)

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
i have blitz and p21s and some klasse

i have to say blitz is pretty easy on, little less easy off compared to application. the shine is great and durability is top notch. probably the most durable carnauba. however you have to watch the trim as it will "stain" trim. i havent used the p21s yet, but it is supposed to be great and simple and not worry about trim. bol could you confirm? you found it hard to remove? i heard it's wipe on wipe off. at any rate, klasse is what you want if you dont want to care for your car. a single application will protect you up to 6 months. personally i think bol's time estimates are a bit long for the wax. i'd say p21s (from ppl who use it and told me) will last 6-8 weeks. blitz 3-4 months. i have two coats of blitz on, i'm going to put a topper of p21s (prob two coats) and will post my impressions. i'm not going to klasse for awhile as i dont have the time, but i'll post impressions when i do that too.

·
Crazy Canadian
1,095 Posts
hts said:

So let me ask you this--if you prefer Blitz over Meguiars--why do you use Maguiars? Guess a coupla' reasons come to mind--easier to apply/remove? Cheaper to you? Shines doesn't last as long, so customers will pay to have details done more frequently? Anything else?

;-)

I don't use Meguiars wax. I use Meguiars polishes and detail sprays.

Meguiars makes good products. Their wax just doesn't last without the proper upkeep and maintance. I use various polishes and glazes from Meguiars. They make the some of the best polishes around - machine or hand applied.

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
I guess I implied that (incorrectly) from your web site. So you use PS21 wax then?

·
Crazy Canadian
1,095 Posts
hts said:
I guess I implied that (incorrectly) from your web site. So you use PS21 wax then?
yup. P21S wax is the only wax I use right now(no more Blitz in my bag 'o goodies) combine P21S with a good glaze/sealant and it lasts for about three months as long as people take care of their cars.

the P21S paint cleanser is great stuff too. I use it religiously.

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
Cool. Thanks for taking the time to clarify for me.

:)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts