BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i come out of my office and i cant unlock the car with my key fob, or with the key in the door... nothing will unlock i have a convertible, and now im fked.... need help asap!!!!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Dead battery in the car? It might also be a faulty actuator that drives the lock mechanism or a cable connected to the actuator has worked loose or broken.

Have you tried to "press and hold" the unlock button on the fob to get the windows to roll down?

·
Registered
260 Posts
The battery in your key might be dead?
Pull the metal key out of your key fob and unlock the door manually with an actual key and then put the key in the slot and try to start it and let us know if that works

·
Registered
846 Posts
The battery in your key might be dead?
Pull the metal key out of your key fob and unlock the door manually with an actual key and then put the key in the slot and try to start it and let us know if that works
I like like he had already tired that, he mentions putting the "key in the door".

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was able to use the key to open the trunk and the alarm went off. So i can get in the trunk but thats about it. the windows dont roll down none of the holding the unlilock or unlock buttons work. battery does not seem to be an issue, but even if it were, i would have to break in to my own car right? how do i do that? break a window?

·
Registered
260 Posts
I like like he had already tired that, he mentions putting the "key in the door".
Well that's what doesn't make sense cause even if nothing electronic doesn't work in the car what so ever you should still be able to unlock the door with the key fob itself.
I mean even if his locking mechanism inside was broken then at least it would unlock that one.

·
Registered
260 Posts
i was able to use the key to open the trunk and the alarm went off. So i can get in the trunk but thats about it. the windows dont roll down none of the holding the unlilock or unlock buttons work. battery does not seem to be an issue, but even if it were, i would have to break in to my own car right? how do i do that? break a window?
Do you have a golf bag attached in the back?
If so unzip it and push through the trunk and you'll have a small opening where you can stick something in and press unlock on your lock button
If you don't then is your sunroof cracked open? Cause if so you can also do the same thing again and that should hopefully work.
Let us know how it goes and what you find out

·
Super Moderator
8,683 Posts
If you can get in your trunk, try charging your battery to see if it might help the problem, it can't hurt. Replace the battery in the FOB is another option. As stated above, try getting something thru the window that can push the middle button to unlock the car. Are you getting any audible sound when using the key FOB? The siren works off of its own internal battery, but you do have power to the theft system. Put the key in the door & then it left for 5 seconds, should deactivate the alarm system.

One of these should work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts