BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking over a pricing sheet for a 2016 228 that I'm interested in. At the bottom of the line items are accessories, including black kidney grills, pedal caps, and Sirius radio. I'm wondering, would the dealer be able to remove the Sirius radio (I'm assuming its the receiver?) and drop the MSRP by $465? Isn't the receiver just a unit squared away inside the trunk somewhere, that they could remove and put into another vehicle on their lot?

On another note, any indication of how aggressively BMW is seeking to move 2016 228s out of their hands?

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
I've been looking over a pricing sheet for a 2016 228 that I'm interested in. At the bottom of the line items are accessories, including black kidney grills, pedal caps, and Sirius radio. I'm wondering, would the dealer be able to remove the Sirius radio (I'm assuming its the receiver?) and drop the MSRP by $465? Isn't the receiver just a unit squared away inside the trunk somewhere, that they could remove and put into another vehicle on their lot?

On another note, any indication of how aggressively BMW is seeking to move 2016 228s out of their hands?
Most BMWs come with Sirius / XM built in / attached to the head unit. (its a part of the premium package, I think. If it has the premium package it can not be removed from the car.

The kidney grills can be removed / swapped, but you probably want those.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
24,114 Posts
No dealer will not remove sirius from a new car to sell it.

While the cars all have the hardware, when sirius is selected bmw 'turns it on' with a special code tied to the cars vin. They can't remove the code..land the code WOULDNT work on another car.

With this pricing sheet, the car is a killer deal, way under invoice, great terms, ...all that...and the ONLY issue is a sirius module???

Lots of good purchasing info here... Search and read

GL

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
I have not seen -as in ever- a dealer that strips new cars to sell cheaper than what is shown in their window sticker. If anything, they add their own optional parts to new cars.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
24,114 Posts
I have not seen -as in ever- a dealer that strips new cars to sell cheaper than what is shown in their window sticker. If anything, they add their own optional parts to new cars.
Arguably if he offered the dealer "MSRP minus $465 for that sirius I don't want" the dealer would take it out. ;)

My point is that it all comes down to price and the deal....

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
Sure... it will discount $465 but not take out the actual OEM Sirius module -even in the past when the module was separate. That would break the MOST ring and change the car's configuration for warranty/recall software updates. :D

Arguably if he offered the dealer "MSRP minus $465 for that sirius I don't want" the dealer would take it out. ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I totally get that its all going to come down the price and dealing... I was just wondering if it would offer a little more negotiating room if that Sirius unit could be removed and applied to some other vehicle (which it sounds like it can't). If I wanted to base my offers around invoice price +$xxx, it helps to know if/how PIA/dealer accessories come into play

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
The only way accessories like that can be removed is if the car is still in bound and hasn't hit the port/VPC yet - which this car obviously has.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts