BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Das rampen abwarten
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How big a deal is it to remove the front license plate holder insert on the front bumper and replace it with the narrow insert piece on a 2004 330xi? I'm looking at one that is coming from a state that has front plates and mine does not and I prefer the look without it. Thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
Remove any screws into the bumper; pop out holder insert(tactfully); pop in new insert. Fin. What to do with any newly exposed holes is the real issue:AF330i:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Well when I took the insert piece off mine and replaced with the license plate bracket it took all of 2 minutes.....very easy process.

·
Das rampen abwarten
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone have any tips for what tools etc to use to remove the insert pieces without marring the surrounding bumper or damaging the insert. I want to try and see how mines looks without the front plate holder. Even though I don't have the sports package I think it may look better without it. (I may end up putting the holder back on if there is too much paint discoloration or damage under it)

·
Registered
135 Posts
All you really need is something that will fit in between the strip and the bumper to give your fingers room to get a grip. I didn't use any tool; just my hands and calculated tugs to pop out the inserts that line the edges of the strip. It's really very simple and you shouldn't damage anything if you're even slightly careful. I grabbed the plate holder and worked my way out to the ends where it fits under the outer strips.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts