BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how this is done? I would guess it would be like debadging, using dental floss and a hair dryer. Thanks and apologies if it has been asked 100x before! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! :)
 

·
Rest in peace, Coach
Joined
·
9,106 Posts
Re: Not like de-badging

atyclb said:
here's the DIY:

http://www.bmw330ci.com/DIY_Clear_Reflector.htm

you can't just remove them--you have to replace them with either clear reflectors or painted ones.

I recommend painted from evosport.com or bimmian.com
It's actually easy to break the refelctor using this method. A proper way to remove it (without breaking it) would be to take off the bumper cover and remove it from the inside.
 

·
Here since day one
Joined
·
7,187 Posts
I wouldn't recommend removing them . . . they are there to reflect your car at night if another car is coming towards yours with thier headlights on and your car is parked without the lights on.

Eventhough I agree they look better when they are painted or are made to look clear, I think safety is more important.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,204 Posts
Alan F said:
I wouldn't recommend removing them . . . they are there to reflect your car at night if another car is coming towards yours with thier headlights on and your car is parked without the lights on.

Eventhough I agree they look better when they are painted or are made to look clear, I think safety is more important.
:thumbup:

takes away from the look of the car also, I happen to be one of the few who thinks on the 330ci, anyways, that they add a little class to the car. They are subtle and nicely placed.
 

·
Double Bimmers
Joined
·
1,176 Posts
Since the yellow corner reflectors are not required in many other countries, it is distinctly American to have them. After September 11th I reinstalled my yellow reflectors and plan to keep it that way! :flipoff:
 

·
Here since day one
Joined
·
7,187 Posts
Ack said:
Alan -

The clears still work as reflectors. They are just not orange. I personally like the way the clears look, they look better than both the orange and the painted reflectors, IMO; esp. if you have the sport package.
The clear ones reflect ? Are you sure about that ?

I would consider them if that were the case . . . .
 

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
325xi-SteelGray said:
Anyone know how this is done? I would guess it would be like debadging, using dental floss and a hair dryer. Thanks and apologies if it has been asked 100x before! :)
Yes you can pop them out....they are semi flexy ;) I had mine painted same as car...loooks great imo
 

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
Alan F said:
I wouldn't recommend removing them . . . they are there to reflect your car at night if another car is coming towards yours with thier headlights on and your car is parked without the lights on.

Eventhough I agree they look better when they are painted or are made to look clear, I think safety is more important.
Oh Alan come on... you ain't that old yet are you? :dunno: :lmao:
 

·
Here since day one
Joined
·
7,187 Posts
CCs328Ci said:


Oh Alan come on... you ain't that old yet are you? :dunno: :lmao:
lol, you know what is . . . when you have kids you start to look at things a little differently . . . even if a dumb thing like reflectors on my car will make it a drop more safer then I'm going to do it . ..
 

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
Alan F said:


lol, you know what is . . . when you have kids you start to look at things a little differently . . . even if a dumb thing like reflectors on my car will make it a drop more safer then I'm going to do it . ..
Guess it's cuz i am still single :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, I got the front clears for my birthday! I installed the clears as soon as I got them but the reflectors are on backorder. I really despise the orange reflectors and will sacrafice a little safety. If I gotta go, I would prefer to be like the captain of the Titanic and go down with her!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,346 Posts
325xi-SteelGray said:
Well, I got the front clears for my birthday! I installed the clears as soon as I got them but the reflectors are on backorder. I really despise the orange reflectors and will sacrafice a little safety. If I gotta go, I would prefer to be like the captain of the Titanic and go down with her!
about time to change that handle no? back clears looking like a champ in my 325i. thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
about time to change that handle no? back clears looking like a champ in my 325i. thanks
I know, I should change my handle one of these days! I have been trying to think of something good and have drawn a blank thus far... :dunno:

You know, you actually inspired me to consider doing the front clears without the rears! I know it sounds stupid, but I never thought of it. I just got the front reflectors (which we know now aren't reflective at all, but it beats orange kool-aid on the front bumper) and will install those a little later today! The fronts were a gift and I will buy the rears one of these days!

Your car is looking good! :thumbup:
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top