BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed a 2013 535i interior grab handle? I am trying to switch out the driver's side handle for a sunglass storage case.

I've removed the cover and mine has no screws. Looks to be some sort of retaining clips. Tried to jam screwdriver and twist, pull, and push around the clips, but still not coming off.

Thank you.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Can't help you on this but do you have a link for what you are installing?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Damn, that's something I DON'T need but now might just want... :rofl:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:) I don't really need it either since we have a big storage box next to the steering wheel. But got one of these on my previous Benz, it's a lot easier to access my shades and won't get scratched when I have other stuff in the storage box.

Plus I never drive and need the grab handle. What's the purpose of the grab handle for the driver?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Plus I never drive and need the grab handle. What's the purpose of the grab handle for the driver?
I always thought it was for the girlfriend/wife to reach over and have something to grab while she does "things" :dunno: :angel:

·
Registered
152 Posts
:) I don't really need it either since we have a big storage box next to the steering wheel. But got one of these on my previous Benz, it's a lot easier to access my shades and won't get scratched when I have other stuff in the storage box.

I use mine sometimes when i need to adjust my seating position, you would need to grab on something higher in situations like that.

I wasn't in need of this storage, but now i feel like buying some sunglasses for the car.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Bow tech here,,,,ok there are 2 little covers that you have to pop open with a small pocket screwdriver,,,,underneath the covers are torque or Phillips head screws.,,,my blog page Bmwtechnician

1 - 10 of 10 Posts