Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1995, 318i used to be red before the present midnight blue. The previous owner told me that someone had vandalized the paint and scratched all over the car, so he decided to get it repainted. I ran a carfax report, there's no mention of an accident. I was wondering if this [repaint], could be a problem in selling the car. ?

Would appreciate any feedack.

Its a 1995, 318i with 124k. Black leather interior. overall the car is in excellent condition, only this paint thing is now bugging me ever since a friend commented about it, with friends like these........:tsk: :tsk: :tsk:

TIA

·
LOOCH CREW
4,150 Posts
It's weird that he painted it a completely different color. As long as the title and the carfax are clear, i'd go through with it if you think it's a good deal.

·
Registered
355 Posts
parvez said:
My 1995, 318i used to be red before the present midnight blue. The previous owner told me that someone had vandalized the paint and scratched all over the car, so he decided to get it repainted. I ran a carfax report, there's no mention of an accident. I was wondering if this [repaint], could be a problem in selling the car. ?

Would appreciate any feedack.

Its a 1995, 318i with 124k. Black leather interior. overall the car is in excellent condition, only this paint thing is now bugging me ever since a friend commented about it, with friends like these........:tsk: :tsk: :tsk:

TIA

It depend on the quailty of the paint job. If its half-ass, then expect to take a hit on the value of the car. Most people who change colors, should expect to take a hit on the value, but not as much as those that are trying to hide inprefection (accident, salvage history, etc...).

But its a depend on how much a potential buyer is willing to pay for your car

1 - 3 of 3 Posts