BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
das auto ist schnell
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2015 335i has about 12,000 miles. The stock ContiPro Contact run flat tires show significant wear on the rear tires.

I did track the car one hot afternoon here in Palm Beach County.

I replaced the run flats with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires.

Size: 225/45R18 (all four tires)

Cost:

TireRack (4 tires) = $937 delivered

Install at local shop (including road force balance, taxes, fees) = $167​

The annoying, jittery feel of the run flats is gone. That is huge.

The ride is firm, good road feel and I expect reaction to be improved.

That is the scoop.

Cheers, Snade

Attachments

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Excellent choice! I am still riding on PSS tires I used to use on my E92 for track days, they were almost new when I decided to sell the car. They are now on my daily driver Golf TDI and I am still amazed at what they can take before saying "Eff this, time for vacation".

Great upgrade. Not cheap, but one of the best mods you can to to that car.

·
Novice driver
3,898 Posts
Congratulations on the new Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires on your 335i, Snade! As Jerseyal and Mark K mentioned, your tire choice was very wise indeed.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
I put them on my E60 530i and it made a noticeable difference in ride and handling.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I had PSS tires on mine a week after I took delivery. What horrid tires the RFT's are. Must have sucked on track with them. Went back for service first time, service manager attempted to scold me on changing tires "your model was specifically designed for those tires", yeah right, my car, my tires.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I had PSS tires on mine a week after I took delivery. What horrid tires the RFT's are. Must have sucked on track with them. Went back for service first time, service manager attempted to scold me on changing tires "your model was specifically designed for those tires", yeah right, my car, my tires.
That's a good one from the SA. Maybe they were designed to be together, but that sure doesn't mean it was a good design.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Sounds really odd they would say something. I have had my dealer put on non-runflat tires on my car for me. Although, in my parts most use Winter tires and nobody really buys runflat Winter tires for the most part. So perhaps my dealer is just used to BMW's without factory tires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts