BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Was it worth it to change out spark plugs?

• YES --- those plugs are terrible

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • NO --- those suckers look almost new

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MEH --- those plugs look decent to me, could go either way

Votes: 1 33.3%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changed out the spark plugs on my 2008 328i because I wasn't sure when the previous owner last had them replaced. I attached two pictures and would like to know if I just wasted my time and money on new ones or if it was a good call to change them out. Either way, it was a fun experience and I enjoyed getting to know my car a bit more. Now if I could figure out where to splice into the cigarette lighter wire for powering an LCD screen for a back-up camera....

Attachments

· Registered
1,946 Posts
The fuse box behind the glove box. Buy a fuse tap kit and connect to any existing circuit that turns on/off the way you want. Very easy.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Bimmerfest mobile app

· Registered
59 Posts
Changed out the spark plugs on my 2008 328i because I wasn't sure when the previous owner last had them replaced. I attached two pictures and would like to know if I just wasted my time and money on new ones or if it was a good call to change them out. Either way, it was a fun experience and I enjoyed getting to know my car a bit more. Now if I could figure out where to splice into the cigarette lighter wire for powering an LCD screen for a back-up camera....
From the looks of it, yeah, it was a great move. Did you compare these to the new ones you put in? When I did my coils/plugs, my old plugs had gaps much larger than the brand new NGKs. As long as there was no oil on your plugs, you should be good to go.

Did you notice a difference in throttle response? It was a night and day difference for me. I didn't start using my DS until I changed my plugs because my car was throwing SES due to misfires.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From the looks of it, yeah, it was a great move. Did you compare these to the new ones you put in? When I did my coils/plugs, my old plugs had gaps much larger than the brand new NGKs. As long as there was no oil on your plugs, you should be good to go.

Did you notice a difference in throttle response? It was a night and day difference for me. I didn't start using my DS until I changed my plugs because my car was throwing SES due to misfires.
Oh yeah. When I measured then I believe the difference in gap between the old plugs and new was .016 or more. Can definitely tell a difference when accelerating and at idle. I never received any codes before or r

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.