BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife says she didn't wash my DisplayKey and throw it away..

Any routes to get a inexpensive displaykey replacement?

·
Registered
442 Posts
My wife says she didn't wash my DisplayKey and throw it away..

Any routes to get a inexpensive displaykey replacement?
If it were me, I would not get another display key. I have not gotten very much use out of it since I don't have remote parking. IMO that is the only good use for it. All the information it shows and more are shown on the BMW connected App.

·
Premium Member
2020 G12; 2019 G01' 2020 MB E450 wagon
1,487 Posts
Have your wife ask for the quote.

·
Registered
16 Posts
No inexpensive way to get one, just going to need to call your dealer and have one ordered and then have it programmed for your vehicle

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have a question? Who uses their display key and how? I am sure one answer would say "for driving." I am curious how many people actually us it. And if so, do you use as (in place of) regular remote? If so, what do you do with your keys?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a question? Who uses their display key and how? I am sure one answer would say "for driving." I am curious how many people actually us it. And if so, do you use as (in place of) regular remote? If so, what do you do with your keys?
Used it for two weeks after got my car. Then switched to regular key. Never use remote parking, so the display key is redundant

·
Premium Member
2020 G12; 2019 G01' 2020 MB E450 wagon
1,487 Posts
I use the display key for remote parking and carry it when I think I might need it. Otherwise, I carry a regular key. If I did not have remote parking there would be no reason to carry the display key. With a regular key, when I grab it I am also grabbing my house keys. Because the display key has no provision for putting it on a key ring, you have to remember to take the house keys too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts