BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard that the Osram Silverstar (H7) bulbs are the best to get, but I don't understand why. What is so great about these bulbs, what do they look like? Are they really worth ordering and waiting for. I want to update my headlight beams, I am looking for a clearer look, kind of a purplish tint, and brighter of course. I am sticking with the factory H7 type bulbs, are the Osrams the way to go, or how do you feel about the NOKYA Arctic Purple H7 70 watts?

Thanks

·
10,856 Posts
The purple tint bulbs are really, incredibly, utterly lame. You lose light output, and make yourself look like a stupid moron in a Honda Civic.

Those bulbs are ABSOLUTELY worth waiting for. They'll give you one hell of a lot more light--you'll actually be able to see at night, somethign which isn't possible with the stock bulbs.

·
Spelling Impaired
5,658 Posts
afxavr21 said:
I've heard that the Osram Silverstar (H7) bulbs are the best to get, but I don't understand why. What is so great about these bulbs, what do they look like? Are they really worth ordering and waiting for. I want to update my headlight beams, I am looking for a clearer look, kind of a purplish tint, and brighter of course. I am sticking with the factory H7 type bulbs, are the Osrams the way to go, or how do you feel about the NOKYA Arctic Purple H7 70 watts?

Thanks
What you are after seems to be a bit contradictory. Going with a purple bulb will make the light a funny color, but in terms of light output it will probably be dimmer. The bulb might appear brighter, the usable light projected on the ground will appear dimmer due to the color

As for your question about the Silverstar bulbs...I really like mine. They put out a very clear, bright light much closer to the true white than you get from standard halogen bulbs. I had some OEM Euro bulbs I was running until they burned out which were brighter than the US OEM bulbs. I found the Silverstars to be even brighter yet...not blinding or glaring to other drivers, but a very nice illumination.

I don't know if a 70 watt bulb would be a good idea since I belive the wiring is set to 50~55 watts now. I would be afraid of melting an assembly or the wiring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.