BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my rims and tires with a different OEM from another owner's new car. I have to change the TPMS from my old rims to the replacement and re-balanced the replacement.

This is my first time 10,000 miles service. Since the replacement is also OEM. Will the service dept find out the replacement is not on the original purchase and not warranty it? will I get a bill for checking on this?

I am planning to change my luxury OEM shocks to Bilstein B6 in the future. Will it be a problem again?:dunno:

14' 335i xdrive sedan

·
Pedant and Curmudgeon
6,205 Posts
I replaced my rims and tires with a different OEM from another owner's new car. I have to change the TPMS from my old rims to the replacement and re-balanced the replacement.

This is my first time 10,000 miles service. Since the replacement is also OEM. Will the service dept find out the replacement is not on the original purchase and not warranty it? will I get a bill for checking on this?

I am planning to change my luxury OEM shocks to Bilstein B6 in the future. Will it be a problem again?
The service dept won't care about either change.

If you haven't changed the TPMS over, and ask the dealer to do it, expect to pay $25-$50 per tire. Things like are much cheaper other places.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts