BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am losing my mind reading the reviews online for which tires to get to replace my Goodyear Eagle LS-2 Run Flats! They have been a decent tire and I have 57K on them! I live in Mass so need an all season RF that is also good in the snow/rain, handles well, is relatively quiet and smooth and also has good performance. Yes I want it all! And yes, I want to stay with RF's despite the negative feedback. Cost is not as important to me as all the above things. They are all within the same price point give or take a few $100.

The options presented to me:

1) Stay with what was original to car - Goodyear LS-2 RF's
2) Michelin Primacy MXM4 ZP RF's
3) Continental Procontact GX SSR (not sure if these are run flats though)
4) Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole RF's
5) Pirelli RF's (forget tire name - these seemed to get worst reviews)

Help please!!!!

PS that pic is my old car! I now have a white 2014 X3 x35i

·
Registered
553 Posts
For our 2011 X3 35i, we replaced the OEM Goodyear LS2's with your choice # 2) Michelin Primacy MXM4 ZP RF's. Have been very happy with them and from our experience they meet your criteria.

Do you have 18" or 19" wheels? Reason I ask is we have 19" wheels with 245/45-19 tires. When I was looking at options for replacing the LS2's I noticed 4) Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole RF's had a lower load rating in the 19" size than the OEM tires so I did not consider them for peace of mind (I think those tires in 18" size may meet the OEM load rating).

Bruce

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bruce! I have 18" tires. I did have Michelin ones on my old 2007 X3 and were happy with them. But they weren't RF's and things change.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Here's my experience with these tires on other cars. I expect it will hold true for the X3

NO to the LS2; it's below average in almost every area.
Primacy if you want emphasis on smooth ride, overall good handling characteristics, and treadwear. It's a high-ranked grand touring tire, even in RFT.
RE960AS if you want a little more performance with a sacrifice of treadwear. But, are you sure you can get these in the correct size? I just shopped and didn't see these in the 245/50/18 RFT.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Replaced original Pirellis at 34K with Bridgestone Potenzas on my 2011 3.5. They have 45K on them, & look to have another 8-10K to go. Couldn't be happier. an excellent tire.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have Bridgestone Pole Positions, replaced at 55K, they drive great and perform better than the old Michelins, but that goes without saying as these are 3rd gen RFTs vs the 2nd gen Michelins. Perhaps placebo but road noise is lower to me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Replacement Run Flats

I replaced my 2013 X3 28i Pirelli P7 original tires (37k mi) with Brigestone Potenza RE960AS PP RFTs and have been very happy with them - much better ride than the P7s and handling performance equivalent. Bridgestones offer warranty most other brands didn't.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts