Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am looking for replacement tires for my 2016 X5 (255/50 R19). I would like to have all season runflats and am looking for low noise and good handling in rain and slight snow (live in the greater Seattle area). What would you recommend between Michellin Lattitude tour HP (my original OEM) and Pirelli Scorpion Veriday?

One other thing - about a year back I had a flat tire in the passenger side rear wheel and replaced with Michellin Lattitude tour HP to match the other three. The dealer said the other tires were within the limits wherein I could just replace the flat tire alone. Now the treads in my other three tires are 5/32 while the replaced tire is 8/32, so would need to replace the other three. I could either buy 3 Michellins and let the fourth one stay as is or I could replace all 4. What do you recommend? Price wise, Michellin seems to be more expensive, so replacing 3 of Michelling costs almost as much as replacing all four with Pirellis! Eitherways, price apart, what would you guys recommend in my case?

Thanks in advance!

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 98K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
16,925 Posts
Whatever model you buy make sure it is NOKIAN. I am pleased with my WR G3 SUV RFT but they have a full line.

There are no all season tires, but only tires not particularly good for ANY season. WR G3 are intermediate compound with snow tread all weather tires.

Reactions: vellingapa

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hello everyone, I am looking for replacement tires for my 2016 X5 (255/50 R19). I would like to have all season runflats and am looking for low noise and good handling in rain and slight snow (live in the greater Seattle area). What would you recommend between Michellin Lattitude tour HP (my original OEM) and Pirelli Scorpion Veriday?

One other thing - about a year back I had a flat tire in the passenger side rear wheel and replaced with Michellin Lattitude tour HP to match the other three. The dealer said the other tires were within the limits wherein I could just replace the flat tire alone. Now the treads in my other three tires are 5/32 while the replaced tire is 8/32, so would need to replace the other three. I could either buy 3 Michellins and let the fourth one stay as is or I could replace all 4. What do you recommend? Price wise, Michellin seems to be more expensive, so replacing 3 of Michelling costs almost as much as replacing all four with Pirellis! Eitherways, price apart, what would you guys recommend in my case?

Thanks in advance!
My OEM Pirelli Scorpion Verdes provided just a few miles over 50k. I was very happy with them and would not hesitate to use them again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts