BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys and gals,

i need a replacement for my manual gearbox 330ci coupe, seen a few used units, will a unit from a sallon fit the coupe? and does it mater if the replacement speedo is from a manual or auto car?

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,984 Posts
hi guys and gals,

i need a replacement for my manual gearbox 330ci coupe, seen a few used units, will a unit from a sallon fit the coupe? and does it mater if the replacement speedo is from a manual or auto car?
I am pretty sure the manual cars have a slightly different gauge cluster in that the auto has a little box that tells you what gear you are in, other than that they dont matter that I am aware of. I'd stick with one from a manual.

·
Is it Trackday yet?
8,975 Posts
You need a manual instrument cluster for your manual car, they are different for sure.

Also be aware, there is a tamper indicator that will be tripped if the cluster and light control module (LCM) interpretation of the mileage do not match. I believe dealer coding is required when you replace the cluster to avoid issues with this.

·
Registered
243 Posts
yes.....jvr826 is right. otherwise anyone could change the speedo to roll back the milege and trick the next buyer. dealer has to code the new cluster.......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts