BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2007 650 recently and realized that the stereo amplifier had been stolen from the trunk. I purchased a replacement from Ebay that appears to be an exact replacement. It has the correct part numbers and plugged right in.
I still do not get any sound from the sound system.
I can play a CD and see the display change tracks, mute and un mute and appear to work properly but no sound.
Any ideas? Does the replacement amplifier need to be dealer programmed to function?
Is there any way that I can check the amplifier to assure that it works?

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
The Logic7 amp is a direct plug in with no programming from the dealer required. The best way to test the amp is find someone with another 6er, 5er or 7 series and install your amp into their car. All the amps are interchangeable.

·
06 BMW 650i Sprt/Prem Pkg
1,215 Posts
You might want to check your connection first on the amp. Make sure they are good with no bent or push-backed pins etc...
Then check the fuse, actually I would check the fuse first......

·
Registered
784 Posts
If the amp was stolen, it probably was not taken out gently. The fiber cables might have been damaged. If you have any recourse with the seller or insurance, I would go that route.

·
Sejanus
5,785 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.