BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My stock 2008 335i with DCT (GS7D36SG) has started having some transmission issues where it will randomly overheat once the transmission is up to temperature. I have been to BMW and they have diagnosed it as a mechatronic issue and quoted a stupidly large amount to replace the mechatronics unit and offered no guarantee that it is not something else that is wrong. My car has done 100,000 kms (60,000 miles).

I did and oil and filter change on the transmission and that helped for a few months but now the issue is back and an oil change isn't helping.

I have found a second hand DCT (new ones in Australia are very expensive) for my car with 30,000 kms (20,000 miles) on it for a reasonable price and it carries a 2 month warranty. Mechanically I feel that I will be able to put this in (arrives in about a week) so my question now goes to programming.

I have a laptop with Winfkp installed and the same ZB number (8647881) that I am currently running is available so I should be able to get the new-to-me transmission updated with my current firmware and with my correct VIN.

Other than doing the teach-in functions in DIS, is there anything else that I will need to do to get my car going?

My biggest concern at the moment is that ISTA/D suggest that it is imperative to do a readout from the current transmission prior to removal and I have no idea what I should read out and why as I don't have an ICOM.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My sincere apologies, I think this belongs in the BMW Coding forum but I can't see how I can delete or move this thread.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can confirm that a second hand dct box programmed with Winfkp (program + vin + UIF) works.

Donor car was a N55 135i into my N54 335i and all is working well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts