BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Go on Realoem and do a cross reference with the seat frame and switches. I think the E46 seat fits. There is also an E83 Comfort seat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked the realOEM site and the X3 E83 and X5 E53 non electric seats are exactly the same on the seat runners which indicates to me that the electric seats , though different part no.s will have the same seat runner dimensions and fixings to the chassis.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Gotta love those Germans.

The e53 won't have the reflective strips in the leather though. You should cross reference the electric switches too, assuming you have electric seats.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thx. i dont have electric seats in the E83 just heated. I am taking a chance of buying some old E53 electric seats and hoping they fit and the connectors work!

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Take a look online for pictures of both connectors for the seats. You might need to change from Tyco D system (the round ones) to Tyco MQS Power (the wider flat ones).

You may need a round hollow removal tool for the D system pins if you want to move them to a different layout. MQS can be removed with a jewelers screwdriver.

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum...urce-electrical-connectors-farnell-rs-t73387/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts