BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Replacing floor carpet

3942 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  John320
I had the same door vapor barrier leakage problem reported in other threads (and solved by the dealer in replacing/repairing the seal). However the floor carpet soaked and got mildew over time. Now I need to replace the carpet. This requires removing seats and center console. Seats are easy enough. Center console is tricky. I have the rear portion unsecured by reading various DICE installation instructions. However the forward edge of the console is secured under the shifter trim and side panels. Are there fasterners there I need to access, and if so - how do I reach them?

Thanks for whatever help or pointers anyone can offer!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Beware

There is a washer fluid tube that goes through the center console leading to the rear window. This tube is a known problem for leaks. You will want to be careful. Search the forum for more permanent fixes while you are in there.
+1

I haven't done it yet but I plan to block mine off under the hood as I never use it and do not want to risk soaking the carpet.
There is a washer fluid tube that goes through the center console leading to the rear window. This tube is a known problem for leaks. You will want to be careful. Search the forum for more permanent fixes while you are in there.
I don’t know if I’m too late with this, but here are some generic instructions I hope may be of some value to you.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.