BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone here familiar with what's involved to replace the BMW logo on the front hood? My father drives a 525i and his front hood logo was recently chipped so I'd like to replace it for him.

-How would i go about removing the old hood logo without causing any damage?
-What will secure the new hood logo down?
-Other than the front logo itself, are any other parts needed to install a new front hood logo?

I've never done this before so if someone could give me some advice, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
PG

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
PG said:
Is anyone here familiar with what's involved to replace the BMW logo on the front hood? My father drives a 525i and his front hood logo was recently chipped so I'd like to replace it for him.

-Other than the front logo itself, are any other parts needed to install a new front hood logo?

I've never done this before so if someone could give me some advice, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
PG
I've never done it myself, only vaguely remember what the Bentley manual said about it...Basically, wrap a flat head screwdriver in tape so not to scratch the paint, and insert underneath the emblem and LIFT. That's it.

Double check with someone that has access to the Bentley manual in front of them to make sure.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
PG said:

Thanks,
PG
i dont have a bentley, but i think vince(topazblau) would know. didnt he replace his roundel with the alpina one?

·
Registered
94 Posts
it is held in by grommets, pry up wih two SMALL thin screwdrivers wrapped in electrical tape.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To WRS

Thanks for the info. If I'll be replacing the old chipped hood roundel with a new one, do I need to get 2 new grommets or can I reuse the old ones?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I would replace the grommets, they are only about 50 Cents for the both of them.

·
Using SPF 45
3,672 Posts
I replaced mine a couple of years ago on an E30. Ordered the roundel from BavAuto. Despite the talk of wrapped screwdrivers and replacing grommets, which sounded like the possibility of scratches and screwups was high, it is an incredibly simple task. 5 minutes at most. :bigpimp:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Replaced mine on my E34 525i, its so simple.. I used a putty knife (its thinner than a screw driver) and a towel under neath the knife so no scratching. Simply go around the Roundel lifting it until it's easy to come off... you should replace the grommets under the roundel with new ones to assure a tight fit since the ones you've got are worn.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.