BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Can anyone tell me best place to get a new fuse block #4, it's the one under the passenger seat. I've uncover a water leak(s) that has corroded it so bad the connectors are rusted through on several of them. I could rebuild it but can't find anyone who sells the wire spades and spade plates (?) that bolt to the fuse block.

·
Humble E34 lover
5,519 Posts
Go to realoem.com and plug in your VIN information. Look the part up and determine the part number. Go to one of the good parts site (including sponsoring sites of the Fest) and you should be able to get one there.

Another option might be if you can find someone parting out an E39. I don't think that the part you are looking for is a common fail item, so any parted out E39 should still have it available and likely at a substantial savings.

Hope this helps.

Steve

·
Seek to understand,^Value
25,199 Posts
fuse block #4
As stated, Realoem will have the part number. So will others:
BMWfans phantom diagrams (1) & Realoem nominal prices by part number (1) & EACTuning actual prices by part number (1) & BMW of South Atlanta actual prices by part number (1) & Maxmillian BMW prices by part number (1) & the most often recommended parts suppliers (1) & what BMW E39 parts & supplies are best to buy OEM (1)& joining BMWCCA to lower parts costs (1) (2) & what parts to always get OEM (1) which BMW dealers match prices (1) & in situ pictures of common parts of the M54 engine (1)

Once you have the part number, googling will generally get you dozens of suppliers.

Overall, this is the list of most recommended suppliers:
- The most often recommended parts suppliers (1)

Please snap a picture of the before and after fuse box and post it to this thread so that we all learn.

There doesn't seem to be a good photo of the underseat fuse box in the canonical fuse thread:
- Where to find E39 fuse boxes (1) (2) (WDS) (WDS.ru) & how to find the front passenger seat undercarpet fuse panel (1)

·
Registered
15,658 Posts
Just read your post again. You need the spades.

Browse through here and see if you can find it:

http://realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.do?model=DD53&mospid=47585&hg=61&fg=15

Or...check if the spade is made out of metal, then buy a thin sheet of metal and make your own spades.
Once done, spray a bit of WD-40/oil to keep them from corroding.

PS: Another source is electrical supply shop. They usually sell the spades. Just bring a spare one and they will match it for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.