Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace some plastic bits in the airdam of my car. It's the "flaps?" around the right foglight. A while back i noticed it was cracked, and now it has gotten worse. I ordered the part, but i wanted to see if this is something i could easily do. It looks like a simple "Pull out the old, snap in the new" routine. I wanna see if i can do this before I overpay my service dept. Anybody have any thoughts, idea, experiences??

the p/n is 51-11-8-204-358. Its called a lateral something or other. And yes, this is nate's car

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
///Mathew said:
I need to replace some plastic bits in the airdam of my car. It's the "flaps?" around the right foglight. A while back i noticed it was cracked, and now it has gotten worse. I ordered the part, but i wanted to see if this is something i could easily do. It looks like a simple "Pull out the old, snap in the new" routine. I wanna see if i can do this before I overpay my service dept. Anybody have any thoughts, idea, experiences??

the p/n is 51-11-8-204-358. Its called a lateral something or other. And yes, this is nate's car
I did mine. Piece of cake...You just need to remove the long, horizontal diffuser by pinching it in the middle and pull out toward the edge, that'll expose the two screws holding in the foglight housing. Remove screw, replace housing, replace diffuser.

Done.

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HACK...:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thank you thank you thank you!!! Worked perfectly, as you already know.

Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts